Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling small gas cylinder in Dublin

Options
  • 29-05-2012 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi all

I am looking to get my small gas cylinder filled in Dublin on Tuesday morning June 5th. I think it is Butane gas... not sure if this matters though, does it??

It has only been filled once since I bought the camper (by last owner right before sale) so its my first time having to do it.

Can you recommend somewhere in Dublin I can call ahead and then they can fill it there and then when I am there on Tuesday morning? I am heading off on trip to Euro 2012 on Thursday next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Bray Harbour Stores

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Printer

Thanks, is there anywhere in Dublin though?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Printer

Hi guys

Some further questions on this now:

1. I currently have 4.5kg butane gas all hooked up and operational - can I get this refilled or do I need to buy a new cylinder? There is still gas in it but I dont want it to run out while away so think I should get it replaced/refilled.
    2. Is taking one cylinder out and putting new one in very straightforward?
    3. Do I need someone RGI certified to do it or as it is just replacing does this matter?
    4. I have camper insurance with Dolmen. Is there any stipulation gas must be replaced by RGI certified company?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Eshaness

Hi,
    can't answer the technical questions- but I've gotten cyclinders filled at a place in Finglas, D11- they fill on the spot. Its at the the T junction on Cappagh Road before you'd turn north towards the hospital.

You can swap it on the corner shop beside Tesco on Prussia St. Dublin 7. They're a calor main dealer. Note the old smaller 5kg bottles (without the collar) are becoming harder to find because Calor won't issue them any more (they still refill them though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cygnet

found that place on the Cappagh Road its at the rear of a house beside Justmedia (cant miss their van and sign) - 22€ for a 6kg of propane - he is only there between 1100 - 1300

cygnet wrote: »
    found that place on the Cappagh Road its at the rear of a house beside Justmedia (cant miss their van and sign) - 22€ for a 6kg of propane - he is only there between 1100 - 1300

Called in this evening, lovely gentleman, had two bottles replenished in jig time.

He's only delighted to hear he's listed on the world wide web, but unfortunately doesn't know how to turn on even the normal computers.

296 Cappagh Road,

Contact Tommy;
    087 2566730
    01 8472651

• Registered Users Posts: 1 al_a_n

I know this is old post, but just to say info is still good, Tommy still there and still a gent to fill small cylinder where I was having trouble elsewhere.

And gas(!) thing is he says, he still can't turn on computer and has old school nokia 10 years on from original post! I think he is doing something right somehow!!

Anyway phone number and details are all good apart from new sign there now for Dialamattress into the yard.

He is still a pure gent.

Good to see these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rudrunner

Thanks, I have a German gas cylinder that needs filling and was wondering how I was going to sort this problem out! Good to know he is still there

Advertisement