Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal lodgement to account - 'Code' cut short

Options
  • 29-05-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

Just a quick summary of events.

1. Make my way to local bank.

2. Use Automated Kiosk to transfer a sum of money from current account to PayPal account.

All details entered. Unique 'Code' checked multiple times.

3. Wait a week. No money appears.

4. Make my way to local bank and enquire. Told the last 3 letters in the code, from the end, 'cut short'.

5. Bank suggest typing up a summary of events in a letter, for me to sign and send on.

6. Paypal contacted and cannot see the amount in their system, they try and trace using a partial of my bank account.

---

Just curious as to what to do next?

If the bank letter is of any use, how can I get 'closer' (as in, local) to Paypal, to enquire about the situation, there's only so much I feel can be done talking to support staff over VOIP lines..

I've had no issue with staff at either Paypal or my bank. Lodged money many times before. This is the first time it has seemingly, 'vanished'.

I am quite sure I entered the full code, a bit odd that the last three letters were cut off, I seem to recall the full code doesn't fit on the screen of the automated kiosk, oh well.

A sizeable amount of money that I'd like returned, or deposited in my PayPal account.

Any advice welcome.

Advertisement