Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resources on human evolution

Options
  • 28-05-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I'm quite interested in human evolution and I was wondering if there are any good websites on the topic. I'm very much an amateur so am really looking for something that goes through everything in lay man's terms, and preferably something that's easy to dip in and out of. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

+1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Einhard wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm quite interested in human evolution and I was wondering if there are any good websites on the topic. I'm very much an amateur so am really looking for something that goes through everything in lay man's terms, and preferably something that's easy to dip in and out of. Thanks!

I would have to say that the most comprehensive resource is TalkOrigins. There is a massive amount of info but the layout is a little dated so it may be tricky to navigate.

There is a freshman course on evolution available from Yale. You can subscribe to it through iTunes U if you have an iOS device or you can find it on YouTube:

Playlist here.

Here is a list of other links to evolution resources both general and specific.

Understanding Evolution - UC Berkeley

Tree of Life (Phylogeny primer)

Mikko's Phylogeny Archive

Becoming Human

Also I would suggest that in addition to what I've already posted above, YouTube and Wikipedia in general are your friends. There is a great deal of searchable information there as well. One example from AronRa on YouTube:

Advertisement