Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letterkenny info required

Options
  • 28-05-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Visiting Letterkenny with another 10 Glasgow boys on the weekend 8 June and was basically looking for some information if anyone can help. Websites I've stumbled across not very informative and some mis-leading.

Think we're hitting some pub called Sister Saras on the Friday night and sounds impressive but not sure what to expect? Generally looking for some nice boozers, good craic, decent entertainment, will even consider karaoke bar, that will accomodate 11 Glaswegians who will be obviously up for a good time and eager to spend their well earned cash, undoubetdly any clubs that will entertain us also?

Also looking to grab a game of golf on the saturday to break the day up or better still a pitch and putt course. Had a look online and looks like closest is Sion Mills. Do you know how far this is from Clanree Hotel (got a dinner b&b deal for 89 euros per person) and if so how much in a cab? also if you can hire clubs? If not is there any karting centres or anything similar?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Cheers
    DD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jmark

Here's what you're looking for re karting:

http://www.letterkennykarting.com/
    Havent been in ages, but it was a good nights craic

This looks good too
    http://www.donegalairsoft.com/

Sorry - I cant help on any of the other queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

if you are Celtic fans then hit the Wolfe tone bar !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

Saras used to be a pretty young crowd 18-25...no idea if it still is.
    The best pubs for 10 of ye my opinion are Voodoo (suoerpub, Letterkenny style) which has a dancefloor, live bands, good crowds, and a late licence closing at the same time as a nightclub, of which there is a separate one upstairs.
    McGinleys next door is smaller, has a downstairs bar with live music and upstairs bar with more seating. Good craic but you'll not fit 10 lads together in there. You can spread out though and have a look.

If you're Celtic fans and want to spend the night in a likewise pub, the as said, the Wolfe Tone is the place.

Letterkenny golf club is only a couple of miles from town.
    Sion mills must be 25+ miles...forget about it.

There's quadbiking and paintballing too not too far from town.
    Might be a bit messy for a weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,967 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Pique wrote: »
    Sion mills must be 25+ miles...forget about it
    About 18/19 miles. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Bit of advice if your heading to the pub, split up into smaller groups, sometimes the bouncers dont like to see stag partys and 'might' refuse you entry but if you slit up into groups of threes then you'll have no problems.

Like said above, Voodoo is probably liveliest spot, The Orchard is also good spot on friday/saturday nights. The Cavern used to be good spot but i havet been in it in years and so have no idea what its like anymore. McGinleys is also great pub and gets good crowds at the weekends.

Sister Saras is a teeny boppers spot, if your 25+ then forget about it and head on up the town.

Taxis from the clanree to the town (approx 2miles) shouldnt be much more than €7 so if your splitting into groups it'll only be a few quid each.

I wouldnt recommend the wolfe tone to anyone (whether they like football/celtic or not) Its grotty and run down and there are far nicer pubs without having to go near it but if you do want to head there, its the one on the lower main street with the dirty walls and paint peeling on the outside, you couldnt miss it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

I think the pin tavern still has a 9 hole pitch and putt you could walk from the clanree,the old foundry paint ball is the business for stag parties its where most of them end up,start in sister sarah's and make your way up the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

The Pulse Venue is the busiest CLub in town by far these days and is opposite Sister Saras. Dont think Sister Saras is that young nowadays.

Would also recommend the Orchard

The Pitch and Putt etc is listed above

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

The Pulse is open Monday, Thursday and Saturday, Voodoo Nightclub(INK) is open Tuesday, Friday and Saturday and the Grill is on Wednesday and Sundays, so Saturday night you have the option of Pulse or INK i'd favour pulse recently since it's refurb but INK still a decent club you wont really go wrong between the two of them. As far as pubs are concerned the only pubs I'd recommend for a group of 11 would be Voodoo lounge or the Orchard good live entertainment in both decent atmosphere and crowd too , the cavern can be hit and miss depends on the crowd on the night I wouldn't recommend Saras and certainly not on a Friday night when the pulse is closed, best option is voodoo lounge and club Friday night and If you really wan't to go to Saras go on the sat night for a couple before the Pulse (straight across the road).

Advertisement