Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brunch in Dublin, where do you like?

Options
  • 28-05-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I think this is my first time starting a thread, hopefully I'm not covering any ground that's already been covered, I did a quick search and most of the hits were about the ice-lolly and somewhat bizarrely there were lots of hits in the pro wrestling section :p
    I want to discuss neither lollies nor bodyslams but the glorious portmanteau meal and where in Dublin is your preferred spot to engage in it?

A small related anecdote; This weekend we were at a street party at a friends, it was going on 11 o'clock and a handful of us were fading, all day sun and tasty beers had taken its toll. One friend who was on a return visit from Spain for the weekend was adamant that we had to go out to a bar and have a mad one. Some were on for it, most mildly groaned. I then happened to suggest to my girlfriend that we ought to go for brunch the next day, ears perked up from the weary contingent, "Brunch? Aw, I'm up for that, where are you going". We then had a hugely animated conversation about where we'd go the next day, we were all really excited......and it hit me.......we're getting old. Here's our long time friend home for a brief window trying to gee us up to go boozing and dancing to no avail but the mere mention of eggs florentine sends us into a tizzy!

So in the end we decided to go to Dillinger's in Ranelagh, we'd not had their brunch before and had already worked our way through most of the (amazing) menu at Cinnamon and though it was time for a change. We had some steak and eggs that hit the spot exactly and some brilliant if too expensive bloody marys. (and a sneaky slice of their awesome hazelnut cheesecake to share :pac:)

So, there you go, where do you like?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Odessa, Bibi's on Emorville Ave, Juniors Bath Ave, Herb Street, Cake Café...all great.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Had a nice brunch on sat in odessa.
    They have a roof top terrace which I didn't know about & was open, but we ate downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lt. Palumbo

faigs wrote: »
    Odessa, Bibi's on Emorville Ave, Juniors Bath Ave, Herb Street, Cake Café...all great.

Ha, yeah, love Bibi's, literally around the corner from me! Those cheesecake brownies!

I know the menu in there is constantly changing but what so you like for brunch there? Their hollandaise is the lightest tastiest I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Another +1 for Odessa here. Love going for Sunday brunch there. A sneaky bellini tops it off nicely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Juno's on park gate st is lovely (I think it's park gate st!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

The best Brunch used to be in Gruel on Dame St, but they're gone out of business. Damnit:mad:

Been hearing lots of pleasant murmurs about Odessa, must check it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Ha, yeah, love Bibi's, literally around the corner from me! Those cheesecake brownies!

I know the menu in there is constantly changing but what so you like for brunch there? Their hollandaise is the lightest tastiest I've ever had.

Another vote for Odessa and Bibi's. In Bibi's I'm a fan of their Turkish Eggs - yum!

Whitefriar Grill is another one to check out.

MajorMax wrote: »
    The best Brunch used to be in Gruel on Dame St, but they're gone out of business. Damnit:mad:

Hmm, never had brunch in there, loved everything else I ever had in there though, so I can only imagine...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Lennox Cafe does a nice brunch too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

If you fancy a little day trip too I usually go to The House in Howth. Lovely menu and great coffee. Plus a nice walk on the pier and a 99 after :) Link- http://www.thehouse-howth.ie/brunch

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

€10.25 for beans on toast!
    Sorry, "Homemade organic beans on sourdough toast with melted gubbeen"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Dylan Hotel just off Baggot Street have started doing brunch. It's fabulous there on a sunny day sitting out on the terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kinsy

Lennox Cafe is a lovely spot. Think they get their bread from the Bretzel Bakery down the road, too. They don't overscramble their eggs which is a rare bonus. The decor is really lovely too, although I'm not as keen on the upstairs.

Had brunch in the Whitefriar Grill (where Salon des Saveurs was) on Sunday. It was really excellent. Had the car so couldn't sample the bloody mary's but they make them with a homemade chorizo vodka which sounded interesting. I had eggs benedict with crab cakes. It was delicious and i was completely stuffed for the whole day. Really good value, too. Definitely worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭retroactive

I've always been partial to 'Lunch!' (now called 'The Calzone Café') on Fitzwilliam Street, just of Grafton Str.

I can't really say why exactly, there just seems to be something about the place.

Advertisement