Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€2 - lets see what you can do.

Options
  • 28-05-2012 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Right so for the laugh I'm going to take €2 and see what we can build it up to, have been reasonably successful sofar with the betting so its time to build up a healthy wage from this €2.

Rules
    No betting on horses - far too risky for my liking
    No betting on anything higher than 1/20 - i'm going to trust in the numbers
    No bet is to be for more than what I took in in the previous bet - there are going to be some losers so this way one won't snooker the entire thing
    This is going to be very long term

First bets will be on Tuesday's tennis in the French open, will be betting instore not online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

1st bet in now.

€2 accumulator on all the tennis matches tomorrow and Wednesday that are priced at 1/20 and lower, should return €2.80 or so.

14 folds in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Best of luck with it.
    pithater1 wrote: »
    This is going to be very long term
    14 folds in total.

Have a read of this:

http://www.soccerwidow.com/2012/05/impact-overround-accumulators-multiple-bets/

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

Interesting reading that thanks, to be honest I was thinking that only doing trebles at the one go might be the best way to go alright.

Interesting reading that thanks, to be honest I was thinking that only doing trebles at the one go might be the best way to go alright.

Probably best. The chance of being let down by one selection in a 14 fold is far greater, and if you're betting your entire bankroll you could be on your ear at the first hurdle.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Probably best. The chance of being let down by one selection in a 14 fold is far greater, and if you're betting your entire bankroll you could be on your ear at the first hurdle.

True that, another rule is to be added so:

Rules
    No horses or dogs
    Nothing over 1/20
    Nothing over a treble
    No risking the initial stake once it has been recouped in profit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Learn how to statistically analyse your preferred sport.

Dedicate yourself, it takes a HUGE amount of work, basically a full time job if you actually want to make money and you start by only betting on 1 market in 1 sport. It will take you at least a year to get above average at just that market anyway. Figure out how to use the stats in excel.

stay out of the bookies, you will only pick up bad habits there.

Without aftertiming, had a tenfold accumulator come in for me @ roughly 1/3 odds per line, that combined with the results since I first started with the 2 euro have left me with 80 in my pocket and the 2 euro nice and safely back.

Having said that it is time to actually post what I'm betting so without further ado we're looking at 2 matches in the Super 15 Rugby tomorrow morning, The Blues v The Chiefs and The Waratahs v The Highlanders. I'm betting across both the full and half time handicaps. 16 doubles in all:

Full time handicaps
    €5 on Chiefs +6 (1/12) Waratahs +10 (1/6)
    €2 on Chiefs +3 (1/7) Waratahs +7 (1/4)
    €1 on Chiefs to win the match (1/4) Waratahs +4 (2/5)
    €1 on Chiefs -3 (2/5) Waratahs +1 (8/13)
    €1 on Chiefs -6 (8/13) Waratahs to win the match (4/6)
    €1 on Chiefs -9 (10/11) Waratahs -2 (10/11)
    €1 on Chiefs -12 (6/5) Waratahs -5 (5/4)

Half time handicaps
    €1 on Chiefs +3 (2/9) Waratahs +6 (1/4)
    €1 on Chiefs +2 (1/4) Waratahs +5 (3/10)
    €1 on Chiefs +1 (3/10) Waratahs +4 (4/11)
    €1 on Chiefs to lead at halftime (2/5) Waratahs +3 (4/9)
    €1 on Chiefs -1 (4/9) Waratahs +2 (8/15)
    €1 on Chiefs -2 (8/15) Waratahs +1 (8/13)
    €1 on Chiefs -3 (8/11) Waratahs to lead at halftime (4/5)
    €1 on Chiefs -4 (5/6) Waratahs -1 (10/11)
    €1 on Chiefs -5 (10/11) Waratahs -2 (evens)

Total Stake: €21
    Potential Return: €46.54
    Potential Profit: €21.34 (this is based on increasing the stakes by 20% for tomorrow's doubles if each stake comes through).

Cheers for all the advice sofar. The only time I spend in the bookies is placing my bets and collecting the winnings. (I fill out the slips at home in front of the laptop and also keep a diary of my bets) so no bad habbits to be picked up hopefully!!

1st bet in now.

€2 accumulator on all the tennis matches tomorrow and Wednesday that are priced at 1/20 and lower, should return €2.80 or so.

14 folds in total.
    Without aftertiming, had a tenfold accumulator come in for me @ roughly 1/3 odds per line, that combined with the results since I first started with the 2 euro have left me with 80 in my pocket and the 2 euro nice and safely back................

How can a potential return of €2.80 turn into €82 without aftertiming, you posted nothing in between :confused:
    Ignoring the aftertiming how many of your rules did that break?

Appologies for the Aftertiming but I owe RJ an answer here. Mods feel free to snip/delete if required.
    RoverJames wrote: »
    How can a potential return of €2.80 turn into €82 without aftertiming, you posted nothing in between :confused:

Tennis returned my €2.80.

On Wednesday a treble at 1/25 for €2 and a treble at 1/6 for €1 come in. Returning about 5 between the two.

Had a €50 win on a scratchcard from the Lotto on Wednesday evening so I decided to add it to the pot (as it was an unexpected windfall).

Thursdays balance was €55 as a result.

Thursday I had a treble at around 1/20 a line for €40, a treble at around 1/6 a line for €5, a treble at around 1/3 a line for €2, a double at 1/2 a line for a euro and a 7,8,9 and 10 fold at about 1/3 a line for a euro each come in. This resulted in a return of around the €110 mark.

So I have taken €80 as 'wages' and have €30 in the betting bank now to play with.

Appologies for the Aftertiming (I know it is very much frowned on here but as I said, RJ asked the question so I decided it would be best to answer him).
    Ignoring the aftertiming how many of your rules did that break?

As above, quite a few to be honest. Still only putting the serious money on the 1/20 shots, the other ones are speculative shots in the dark.

The rugby bet above has been working quite well for me the past few weeks so that is a slight divergence from the standard plan I hope to implement which is as follows:

1/20, Begin with €20 add €2 on the following stake (trebles)
    1/6, Begin with €5 add €2 on the following stake (trebles)
    1/3, Begin with €2, add €1 on the following stake (trebles)
    1/2, Begin with €1, add €1 on the following stake (doubles)

Speculative €1 7-10 folds on 1/3 a line.

Betting only on Rugby Handicaps, Football, DNB, Goals Scored, Leading at HT or FT, Double Chance and the occassional Handicap.

I have my notebook where each bet, the stake, potential profit take and next day stake is noted down dailly, and a scrapbook to note down the odds and selections before I make my mind up.

Depending on what level the betting bank is after the weekend I may re-adjust these starting points.

The key thing to factor in is that after day 3, house money has been established and I'm taking in a 'wage' (now that €50 on the scratchcard has accelerated the process for me by a good 2 weeks so I am pretty chuffed with that).

I hope that makes sense to you RJ. Pretty complex system to be fair!!

THe log is a farce, a profitable one though :pac:

• Advertisement

THe log is a farce, a profitable one though :pac:

Yeah not the best of starts to the log alright ha, focussing too much on getting the bets in I suppose!!

Should improve from next week though, just have a few RL things to sort out for myself

/Unfollow.

Best of luck with the scratchcards.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

OP, its tough to keep everyone happy. Good Luck.

Blues V Chiefs 20-20 HT 34-41 FT

Waratahs v Hurricanes HT 9-13 FT 12-33.

Bad lapse in judgement on the Waratahs match. Going to stop this for a while, have a think and start again with a tenner.

Mods feel free to lock this one.

Will start another one once I get my formatting right.

Advertisement