Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interviews?

Options
  • 28-05-2012 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I applied to W.I.T. as a mature student, to do Information Technology.
    Does anyone know if they call applicants in for interviews?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

From what i no they don't do interviews for mature students that was the case for the lads in our class they got the places for there past things they done in there life that would work well with multimedia

But best of look if they changed to interviews this year because i think they might have added them in but not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

As far as I know there is no Interviews for mature students ( Im one myself and in a class of 10-15 other mature students and none of us called ) However Id make the effort to email one of the course leaders on the course you intend doing and taking a hour or two to arrange a meeting with them to discuss your course etc ( shows you have initiative and when they have to wittle down the numbers you'll be remembered as the fella who made the effort )

Mature students are increasing in numbers dramatically so make sure your name is known incase they have to take some off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

nope , they dont call anyone for interviews anymore. i applied for psych course. i was told that i ll find out on the 4th of july if i got place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭morgans303

Excellent. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭invara

You have to ask the course director as different courses have different requirements. Broadly a course director will only recruit people who can get through. If you have evidence on your application form that shows that ability usually there is no interview; if in doubt they usually interview. Some course directors interview everyone.

Do not worry about an interview, the course director will be willing you through and do his/her best to give you the opportunity to bring out your best.

Good luck,

Invara

• Advertisement
Advertisement