Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

permanent crowns the cost

Options
  • 27-05-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

when i was younger I got a temporary crown & it broke earlier today. Will be getting a permanent one now but was wondering does anyone know the cost. Its one of my front teeth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭swanangel

I got crowns last year and from all the looking around I did I can tell you it varies, but really you should be carful of the quality of the work you get done.

If I had a Euro for the amount of times people say to me 'you should of went foreign' I would rather continue to pay my loan off of the next few years then to end up with dodgy work that only lasts a couple of years.

From what I know it is very difficult to make one front crown look natural and blend in with your other front teeth, I will send you the details of my guy if you like and you can ring them up for a price?
    If you look at my previous posts on here you will see before and after pics of all the work I got done.

Best of luck

Oh also I am a bit confused now that I read your post again, you had a temp crown for how long?

I had temporary crowns for a few weeks while I waited on my perm ones to be made, however no crown is really permanent it's not gonna stay with you till you die unless you are very lucky indeed!
    ( I wanna be that lucky! )

They have an average life span depending on various things. My temp crowns were a plastic type material ( they looked cool I might add you wouldn't have known, I missed them when they were gone ).
    My perm crowns are porcelain, there are metal crowns too but I only really know about my type. Unless you are looking for an implant maybe?

A crown covers your real tooth but your real tooth is all shaved down and an implant is like when they put a screw into your gum ( I don't know much about implants so I won't continue to write ) but just make sure when you are looking around that you are getting quotes about the right thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I would presume if you were young you would have gotten a longterm "temp" crown as you'd still be going etc.

A good crown and can be anything from €800-€1000 i would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

shoes34 wrote: »
    when i was younger I got a temporary crown & it broke earlier today. Will be getting a permanent one now but was wondering does anyone know the cost. Its one of my front teeth.
    it was probably just a white filling you had on the tooth and the dentist said you would probably need a crown when you were older.

There is a good chance all you need is another filling. But your dentist has to see it before deciding what's best

Advertisement