Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G m4 sd Hop Up problem?

Options
  • 27-05-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Absolutely nothing seems to happen when I rotate the hop up wheel. Also, pulling back the bolt doesn't open the dust cover it just goes back and stays there. The dust cover needs to be pulled down by hand.
    Anyone able to help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

PonchoTron wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing seems to happen when I rotate the hop up wheel. Also, pulling back the bolt doesn't open the dust cover it just goes back and stays there. The dust cover needs to be pulled down by hand.
    Anyone able to help?

prob best to bring the hop up and barrel assembly to a retailer unless you're confident taking it apart yourself, it could be something as simple as a misplaced bucking or maybe torn. either of them aren't a major problem, there could be something wrong with the actual hop up chamber is self, but it's hard to tell from just reading text, as for the dust cover, open it and check if it is just magnetised. not all dust covers open when the cocking handle is pulled, for some aEG's the dust cover does have to be opened manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭maciek87

PonchoTron wrote: »
    Anyone able to help?

Dust cover not moving is generally due to a bad assembly.

No reaction on hop up generally is bad assembly (missing bucking) and/or one of the cogs missing (can easily happen on G&G chamber) - but thats usually happening when someone will put his hands on the gun..:rolleyes:

Beside main cog you should see 3 smaller ones. Make sure they are all moving when adjusting the hop-up.

With regards to the first one - either ignore, or get back to the store. Its easy to sort out.
    With regards to the hop-up - again, go back to the store, and ask`em to sort it out for you. Even if you`ll have to pay, it shouldn`t be that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭PonchoTron

I figured it out, turns out the hop up rubber was frayed to bits and the bb would basically just slide straight into the barrel and more or less roll out.

Advertisement