Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Accommodation Sept. 2012

Options
  • 27-05-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey guys, anyone out there who's in UCD at the minute or know someone who is? Any advice on accommodation? Better living on or off campus? If off, where? Easiest way to find places? Prices to expect? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ucd postgraduate student

hey did u sort out accommodation for next year?? im a postgradute looking for sumwhere 2.. let me kno if ur still looking for sumwhere :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kingofkong

daft.ie is your best bet

North Americans tend to live on campus for 1st year only

expect to pay 400-550

Try to live on the city center side of UCD - donnybrook, milltown, clonskeagh

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Cosle

I agree, id try somewhere in miltown, ranelagh area, close to ucd and not a good area to live, on campus is very expensive for the standard of accomication you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cash2905

Thanks for the tips guys. If I was to live in town would getting the bus out be a viable option? How long would it take? Or would I be better off living out near campus? Coming from Galway so all help greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ucd postgraduate student

Livin in city wud prob me more expensive..the areas that are mentioned above are closer to ucd and buses wud go from them 2.. Are u lookin to go into house sharin??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 cash2905

Ya the rent does look a bit pricier alright. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet, just checking out the scene

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DiGeorge

The Yanks in my class all stayed in Glenomena for 1st year and they seemed to gel pretty well because of it. It also made for some great class parties!

I'd advise you to stay off campus however, Glenomena is a tip and you could live in a relative palace for the same money.

Clonskeagh
    Milltown
    Mount Merrion
    Ranelagh
    Stillorgan
    Donnybrook

All good places to stay though they are on the pricier side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 meradoodle

Thanks for the info. How do people usually find people to live with? I assume living with a few people will bring costs down. I'd probably be moving from the UK and I don't know a soul in Ireland. Does UCD have a email list for people who are accepted or is there a Facebook group?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Glitter_star94

Does anyone know if I want to be catered at UCD can I still be at any accommodation or do only specific accommodations do catered living?

Also I'm quite worried as I applied quite late to be put on the waiting list, I think like mid June but can't really remember and worried I won't be able to get any good accommodation because of it being first come first served :/

Advertisement