Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice on Scarification (could be nsfw posts)

Options
  • 27-05-2012 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking for general stories of anyone who's undergone this (could be horror stories, I don't mind!).

Just that I've eczema and seeing a few posts on the bme blog of the intricate designs that can arise from this form of body art, I'm more inclined to go that way!

Also seeing that it's a (relatively) new art form, would I have to travel to get a decent artist who knows their stuff? Thanks a mil.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I know there's a guy from the UK called Mac McCarthy (Doctor Evil) that does a lot of the tattoo conventions both in the UK and here.

https://www.facebook.com/DrEVIL666

Might be worth getting in touch and see when he's over again

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bonnie.

chin_grin wrote: »
    Just looking for general stories of anyone who's undergone this (could be horror stories, I don't mind!).

Just that I've eczema and seeing a few posts on the bme blog of the intricate designs that can arise from this form of body art, I'm more inclined to go that way!

Also seeing that it's a (relatively) new art form, would I have to travel to get a decent artist who knows their stuff? Thanks a mil.

hii, I no theres a girl in dublin called kay who does scarification

http://www.facebook.com/PM.SleezeSedition

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Chin_grin, Sleeze (mentioned in the above post) is performing in The Decadent Bastards show in the Sugar Club this Saturday. I might make a stage appearance myself as a prop. You and Dee should come along. :)

If ye can't make it I'll ask Sleeze whatever questions you want. I'm interested in scarification myself, trying to decide if I want to go for cutting or branding.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

Elbow wrote: »
    I know there's a guy from the UK called Mac McCarthy (Doctor Evil) that does a lot of the tattoo conventions both in the UK and here.

https://www.facebook.com/DrEVIL666

Might be worth getting in touch and see when he's over again
    He's at the Midleton Tattoo Convention at the end of June if that's any good to you. Can't post a link from my phone but they have a facebook page if you search.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Aye Kay is back in the country and is fairly decent with a scalpel, I know she did a piece on an ex mod here,

• Advertisement
Advertisement