Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going travelling and need questions answered

Options
  • 27-05-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm going travelling in October and had a few questions you might be able to help me with.
    Delhi is my first stop and hoping to do the "Golden Triangle" in a week with(/without) a driver. How realistic of a choice is this?
    I'm then onto Ho Chi Minh, travel up through Vietnam and Cambodia and then into Bangkok. ANy suggestions as to where to visit (going to Ankor Wat anyway), where to avoid etc? Any dangers etc? After this, I'm not sure where to go. Would you adise travelling south through Thailand? At the end of my trip I'm heading into Australia (probably flying to Cairns). Any help at all would be much appreciated :confused::D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

I'm going travelling in October and had a few questions you might be able to help me with.
    Delhi is my first stop and hoping to do the "Golden Triangle" in a week with(/without) a driver. How realistic of a choice is this?
    I'm then onto Ho Chi Minh, travel up through Vietnam and Cambodia and then into Bangkok. ANy suggestions as to where to visit (going to Ankor Wat anyway), where to avoid etc? Any dangers etc? After this, I'm not sure where to go. Would you adise travelling south through Thailand? At the end of my trip I'm heading into Australia (probably flying to Cairns). Any help at all would be much appreciated :confused::D

Hey...Im just back from year RTW. Was in SE Asia for 4 months and OZ too.

Vietnam is really great...def give yourself 3-4 weeks there if you can. Sapa and Halong Bay are cool...definitely do Hoi an. Buses there are pretty good and the food is so good. Really cheap too. Cambodia is beautiful..people there are so friendly. Temples in Ankor are amazing...take a day or 2 and dont rush going around. you can hire a tuktuk driver for the day for bout $6.

In Phnom penh you have to go to S21 and Killing Fields...not the happiest day but its an eyeopener and gives you an insight into what the people there have suffered. Sihanoukville is a beach place which is nice. Kampot and Kep are really beautiful in the south....highly recommend these. So much to see really.

I found Asia quite safe...you obviously get hassled as a tourist to buy things and take tuktuks etc but just be polite and you will be fine. They are so nice but are poor. In Thailand its really easy to get around. AirAsia flights are so cheap if you stuck for time. in Thailand do Chiang Mai, Pai in North and def do the Islands on both coasts...beautiful!

Cairns is cool too....so much to do. Obviously the Great barrier reef has to be seen in some way. I dived there and best experience of my life. Go to Cape Tribulation north of Cairns and Port Douglas....cool places.

Well if you need any other tips or info drop me a msg :)

Advertisement