Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lennon lines

Options
  • 27-05-2012 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, thinking about investing in a Lennon line if has one could you tell me what you think anything would be a help.

Comments

Patbla wrote: »
    Hi, thinking about investing in a Lennon line if has one could you tell me what you think anything would be a help.

What is a Lennon line?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Patbla

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

They seem to be very expensive. You could buy a timber garden shed for less which would hold a cloths line and be of much more use.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Patbla

Yes suppose I could that but I think a Lennon line would be convenient and it's delivered to my door aswell.if any1 has one could you what you think.

Patbla wrote: »
    As seen on Dragons Den!
    Great idea if you have the money and space.

• Advertisement

First time poster, signed up to extol the virtues of a company.....:rolleyes:

We've seen this time and time againand can only be seen as desperation. The usual procedure is for another person to join up and back up the first poster....;)

If somebody genuinely has any experience of the units, please let us know. But, this shameless self promotion has to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If somebody genuinely has any experience of the units, please let us know. But, this shameless self promotion has to stop.

+1 The only thing I can't understand is why you mods don't simply delete this type of thread. On many occasions the thread gets resurrected a couple of years later by another recently registered user.

We do not encourage digging up old threads and we have re-interred a hell of a lot of them, there are others are not so straight forward. This one for instance was started by a poster with very few posts (8 as of today's date) but the poster did not start out posting about this item and there is a gap between their original posts and the ones here, so we have to give the benefit of the doubt. Also, it is good to find out about new products and whether they actually work, if they are value for money, etc., but not to be blatantly pushed by someone feeding off their sales. If there are any threads or posts that people thing is that type of shameless advertising, please report the posts by pushing the red triangle at the bottom left of the post and we will deal with them.

Back on-topic.

I haven't heard any independent reviews of this product yet except for seeing it on TV, but it does seem very expensive to me, not just expensive but very expensive, given that you can buy a garden shed that will house the bicycles and lawnmower as well as take a cloths line for less than the cost of one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I haven't heard any independent reviews of this product yet except for seeing it on TV, but it does seem very expensive to me, not just expensive but very expensive, given that you can buy a garden shed that will house the bicycles and lawnmower as well as take a cloths line for less than the cost of one of those.
    You can't compare it to a garden shed though. Clearly the whole point of the thing is not that it's a place to store a conventional clothes line, but is designed to allow the wind to flow through it, depending on how you orientate it, and to protect the clothes from rain at the same time. It also looks like there'll be a certain degree of 'greenhouse effect' which will increase the temperature inside and therefore decrease the drying time.

Having said that I too think it's very expensive for what it is, but it does actually look like a reasonable idea to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Alun wrote: »
    It also looks like there'll be a certain degree of 'greenhouse effect' which will increase the temperature inside and therefore decrease the drying time.

Alun, you can't have your cake and eat it - the greenhouse effect and air flow are mutually exclusive. The larger versions appear to have a corrugated plastic roof so there's no seal around the edges, that and the louvre side panels with the open bottom means there is no greenhouse effect.

The video says the smaller version has a perspex roof which 'multiplies the heat of the sun and the louvre panels allow the wind to blow through'. But it still manages to hold on to the heat? Don't think so.

If you switch on your central heating at home and then open the windows, guess where the heat goes? Can't see how this gadget can overturn the basic laws of physics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I said there'd be a certain degree of heating, not that it'd be the same as an actual greenhouse that was totally closed to the outside world. Even with the louvre openings, you'd still get some temperature elevation compared to the outside I'd imagine.

In my conservatory, even if I have some of the small louvre windows open, the temperature inside is still considerably higher than outside, even on a bright but overcast day like today.

If there is an opening at the top of the roof then there will be a chimney affect where the sun heats the air & damp clothes this heat rises and goes out the top, rapidly drying the clothes.

Must build one for the missus! ;)

Alun wrote: »
    You can't compare it to a garden shed though
    Garden sheds can come with side windows to be opened and closed too.

Also, if the sun evaporates moisture from the cloths and this condenses on the inside of the roof and sidewalls, what is the life expectancy of the hinges and other metal parts? Or maybe this doesn't happen at all, I don't know I haven't seen one up close or spoken to anyone who actually used one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Bee1999

Hi, I'm new to the Boards.ie.
    [Mod] Please don't sign up just to promote a product, it comes across as SPAM. [/Mod]

Advertisement