Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying in Phoenix Park..

Options
  • 26-05-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

While in Dublin , I headed up to The Phoenix Park,where I met some of the members of "The Phoenix Park Model Flying Club".
    A friendly group of guys that made my feel very welcome at there flying site..
    Thanks guys :D..

Short Vid.
    Flying in Phoenix Park .

Sean
    B.M.F.C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭seanmcgrath48

Another Vid from my trip to Phoenix Park.

Flying in Phoenix Park ..wmv - YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Miamiheat

While in Dublin , I headed up to The Phoenix Park,where I met some of the members of "The Phoenix Park Model Flying Club".
    A friendly group of guys that made my feel very welcome at there flying site..
    Thanks guys :D..

Short Vid.
    Flying in Phoenix Park .

Sean
    B.M.F.C

Make sure you let us know when you are back in Dublin.

Miamiheat wrote: »
    Make sure you let us know when you are back in Dublin.

I will Stephane ,
    I really enjoyed the flying with you guys , good clean fun..:D

I reset the trim to center on my Tx and rebinded my Radian ,then did a Watt reading 135watts @WOT..
    so maybe next time I'll keep up with you , on the climbs :o ..

Sean.

I will Stephane ,

I reset the trim to center on my Tx and rebinded my Radian ,then did a Watt reading 135watts @WOT..

Sean.

Tried to fly today but motor made a loud noise, i noticed the whole nose vibrating very much. I have no idea what it can be.

Tried to fly today but motor made a loud noise, i noticed the whole nose vibrating very much. I have no idea what it can be.

Check the screws on the motor,
    allso the 3 screws that hold on the motor mount/cowl... and check the white plastic screw mounts that are in the fuse under the cowl..

Hope you get it sorted..

Sean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

The possible cause of that on the radian is a loose grub screw in the hexagonal aluminium adaptor, allowing the entire prop spinner to wobble.

Its the aluminium 6 sided piece just above the screws in the photo link. Check the grub screw in that, and tighten if its loose. You just need to remove the cone from the front of the spinner to get at it.

Im not a fan of that setup, we changed it on the sons radian, to an aeronaut setup, which has a proper collet, far better. Although the reason we changed was because the original radian prop blades on the early ones were prone to breaking in flight, which happened us twice a couple of years ago.

I will Stephane ,

Sean.

135 watts seems a bit low for the radian at full throttle.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    135 watts seems a bit low for the radian at full throttle.

Actually I was doing a bit of fpv flying this evening, it was 14.5 amps and pulling the battery down around 11.1v (freshly charged) so thats about 160 watts, so your 135 is probably right.

Its a 2200 mah battery im using, which will hold its voltage better than the stock 1300mah radian one, so with the 1300mah one, it would likely be a little lower than the 160 watts i was getting.

@Robbie, will my CG be very affected on the radian if i put a 2200mah batterry?

other subject the whole nose started vibrating really strongly on my last flight: i removed the motor and the motor mount and rechecked that nothing was lose but everything was tight. The feeling i have if the foam at the nose seems to be less "hard" than it was. (never really crashed it ). has that happened to any of you?

@Robbie, will my CG be very affected on the radian if i put a 2200mah batterry?

other subject the whole nose started vibrating really strongly on my last flight: i removed the motor and the motor mount and rechecked that nothing was lose but everything was tight. The feeling i have if the foam at the nose seems to be less "hard" than it was. (never really crashed it ). has that happened to any of you?

Yea I often did when the grub screw i mentioned became loose.

If its nothing loose, you can stick small square of insulating tape to one blade, fold it around the leading edge of prop. See if vibration gets better or worse. If worse, remove and onto other blade. I use this method to balance folding props.

The 2200mah battery moves the CG slightly more forward in the radian. It improves its flying characteristics, more stable, better in wind, and slightly faster gliding. It will sink slightly faster also, but in thermals, this wont make a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 dude man

Can anyone here tell me what is illegal and what is not in the radios frequency area? i was looking into getting a EZUHF Transmittern and RX but that is illegal in UK and most likely in Ireland too. I am running 5.8ghz at the moment but wanna get into some serious long range fpv any info or links would be great!

Your best having a look here http://www.maci.ie/
    MACI there the legal body here in Ireland for R/C flying.

Sean

Advertisement