Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 questions regarding mma gear and competition.

Options
  • 25-05-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Mods can remove this please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I just deletee and unhelpful post.

Guys I'm on a phone with a cracked screen, its a bitch to type so can someone put the OP straight please.
    I get the impression he/she thinks its a simple matter of buying the gear and just entering a competition.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Join an MMA gym

Train hard and buy gear of the instructor

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055970705
    There's a list of MMA gyms in Ireland, most of the instructors are on this forum. People here can recommend clubs in your area too. Train hard and try out a comp like the MMA league when your coach thinks you're ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Join an nearby MMA gym. You won't need to worry about competition gloves for a while. There's a couple of items you'll need for training for your first fight. Such as gum shield, sparring/bag gloves, hand wraps etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Sports direct are doing free delivery this weekend only and have plenty of mma gear. Most gyms will have spare gear lying around and you can build up your kit over a while

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tadix

as far as competition goes join a gym.none of the shows around ireland will let you compete unless your part of an mma club,plus you should be training a few months before u compete to make sure your up for it .its a tough sport best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Jimmy bo 186

I just deletee and unhelpful post.

Guys I'm on a phone with a cracked screen, its a bitch to type so can someone put the OP straight please.
    I get the impression he/she thinks its a simple matter of buying the gear and just entering a competition.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info guys. Willow Loud Dice. I don't think its a simple matter to buy gear and enter a competition but I have to start somewhere.

I have been training for about 6 weeks and just want to get a basic pair of gloves etc for training.

Also, I am not looking to enter any competitions until I gain quite a lot of experience, I was just curious as to how the competitions work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Thanks for the info guys. Makikomi. I don't think its a simple matter to buy gear and enter a competition but I have to start somewhere.

I have been training for about 6 weeks and just want to get a basic pair of gloves etc for training.

Also, I am not looking to enter any competitions until I gain quite a lot of experience, I was just curious as to how the competitions work.

Your coach is usually a good place to start with these things :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement