Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingston 16GB High-Speed Data Traveler 160 USB Flash Drive €10

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I'ts not a high speed

Write Speed: 5MB/s
    Read Speed: 10MB/s
    Connection: USB2.0

Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Jarren wrote: »
    I'ts not a high speed

Write Speed: 5MB/s
    Read Speed: 10MB/s
    Connection: USB2.0

Sorry

no need to be sorry but above what mb would be regarded as high speed.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Warp

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

danjo-xx wrote: »
    would be regarded as high speed.:confused:
    I doubt there is any legal definition, so they can say whatever they like. Like the cheapest muck beer will have "premium" on it.

Mymemory are good, I have got loads from them, and it will be genuine 16gb, not like that keyshape scam the other week.

They ship from jersey so you are liable for VAT above €22, (but the actual limit in practise on these items is €26.08 read here if you want to know why)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

see here for reference: http://usbflashspeed.com/

In my opinion everything below 10MB/s is slow

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    I doubt there is any legal definition, so they can say whatever they like. Like the cheapest muck beer will have "premium" on it.

Mymemory are good, I have got loads from them, and it will be genuine 16gb, not like that keyshape scam the other week.

They ship from jersey so you are liable for VAT above €22, (but the actual limit in practise on these items is €26.08 read here if you want to know why)

but what would be an idiots guide to go by, should I be looking for write speeds of 10mb 15mb or higher if such exist:confused:

Want a decent write speed for recording sd tv programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

well 5mb/s is around 1.25 minutes per sd episode of tv. that doesn't sounds a whole lot but you'll hate it. nearly 5 minutes for a movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

rubadub wrote: »

My memory are an excellent crowd alright. I once ordered over e100 worth of stuff off them instead of splitting up my order. I emailed them that I was hammered for duty plus e6 AnPost handling charge. They kindly reimbursed me no problem. They even told me if I was ever caught again to email them. Never came across a company willing to do this before so definitely recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

Ah lads, use www.memoryc.com in Cellbridge !

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

no need to be sorry but above what mb would be regarded as high speed.:confused:

As an example I have an Ariva 120 combo box which can record telly to a USB connected device. To quote the manual:
    In order to use an external USB memory, the memory must support the USB
    2.0 standard. To ensure stable recording and playback, you must use a
    memory with a recording speed of 9.0 MB/s or greater
    . Slower hard disk
    drives and flash memories may not function properly, have problems with
    recording (image jitter), or not function at all!!!

• Advertisement

bbbbb wrote: »
    As an example I have an Ariva 120 combo box which can record telly to a USB connected device. To quote the manual:

That is the same box I'm using and am just experimenting with flash drive. Didn't realise they suggest 9mb+ so that is good to know thanks.

I know Ferguson strongly recommend only using mains powered HD's. so will probably stick to that.

Would most 3.5" Hard Drives be well above the 9mb write speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

i have this one
    same speeds
    takes an eternity to transfer large files (over 2gb)
    i'd avoid the likes of this at all costs
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/SanDisk/SanDisk-16GB-Cruzer-Blade-USB-Flash-Drive

have this also and the 64gb one
    very good and a snip at the price
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/MyMemory/MyMemory-32GB-USB-Flash-Drive---Blue

mailburner wrote: »
    i have this one
    same speeds
    takes an eternity to transfer large files (over 2gb)
    i'd avoid the likes of this at all costs
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/SanDisk/SanDisk-16GB-Cruzer-Blade-USB-Flash-Drive

have this also and the 64gb one
    very good and a snip at the price
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/MyMemory/MyMemory-32GB-USB-Flash-Drive---Blue

WOW that last one with write speed of 15mb and only €17.50 is a snip indeed, thanks for posting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

WOW that last one with write speed of 15mb and only €17.50 is a snip indeed, thanks for posting that.

Ive often bought usb sticks and the speeds are nowhere near whats quoted. Mymemory is one of the worst offenders. Call them first to check have they the correct speeds posted.

Caseywhale wrote: »
    Ive often bought usb sticks and the speeds are nowhere near whats quoted. Mymemory is one of the worst offenders. Call them first to check have they the correct speeds posted.

Anything I've bought from them I've always been happy with and your the first poster that I've come across that seems to be suggesting that their deliberately indulging in misinformation.

I doubt that very much and wouldn't be in business too long if they went down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

+1 for mymemory

can't fault them
    I don't know the exact speed of the 32gb own brand i posted but
    it's definitely as least twice as fast and the slow sandisk which
    makes the speeds posted on site at least that

Advertisement