Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crown fell out, options

Options
  • 24-05-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi,

I saw a post with a similar title from a few months ago but need an opinion as my problem is not exactly the same. Basically my crown fell out. I know it is a crown as I had it down about 8 or 9 years ago and it fell out today. The crown looks to be completely intact and I had a root canal done at the time too, which hasn't given me any problems since.

What I need to know is can the crown be cemented back into place or do I need to get a new one made?? If cementing can be done how much is it likely to cost??

Cheers,

nicol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

the crown can be cemented back, as long as it's in good nick, and the tooth is free of any decay.
    price should be in or around 50 yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

hopefully that might do it, not much tooth left after I had the root canal, mostly just a post.going to make an appt with dentist, will see what he says.
    the crown can be cemented back, as long as it's in good nick, and the tooth is free of any decay.
    price should be in or around 50 yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

nicol wrote: »
    Hi,

I saw a post with a similar title from a few months ago but need an opinion as my problem is not exactly the same. Basically my crown fell out. I know it is a crown as I had it down about 8 or 9 years ago and it fell out today. The crown looks to be completely intact and I had a root canal done at the time too, which hasn't given me any problems since.

What I need to know is can the crown be cemented back into place or do I need to get a new one made?? If cementing can be done how much is it likely to cost??

Cheers,

nicol

Agree with Ballsy that if all good with crown and root then it may be possible to re-cement.

Highly likely that there is something wrong with the root and generally crowns don't fall out after 8/9 years for no reason, especially root canal treated teeth..

Highly likely that there is a fracture of a portion of the root or if a post was placed in the tooth, then a root fracture. Or maybe decay has undermined the crown...

Best to get it seen to, I'd hope for the best but expect the worst unfortunately...

Let us know how you get on,
    Good luck,

OS

Advertisement