Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Triumph 1500 tc fuel question

Options
  • 24-05-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I recently aquired a triumph 1500 tc made in 1975. Do i nead some sort of lead addative or will it run on unleaded fuel. This may be a stupid question but i dont want to damage the car so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

depends if it has been converted or not haha

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭black powder colt

i read somewhere online that alot of cars made after 1970 were able to take both hence my question of course that might be b.s. If i had to convert the engine would this be costly:confused:.I got the car for nothing but that dosent mean i want to spend lots of cash on it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

If it hasn't been converted, there is an additive that you use with the petrol to reduce the lead/ sulphur content. To convert, entails removal of the cylinder head, replacing the existing valves with harder ones and fitting new valve seats in the head. Its a job for a machine shop and no idea of the cost involved.

Advertisement