Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga Teacher Training

Options
  • 24-05-2012 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi all: I wonder if there are any yoga teachers on here who could advise on courses to attend/avoid? I would like to do an accredited course. I'm wondering about the YTI foundation course to start with?

Also, I guess this is hard to quantify, but how "good" do you think you should be before starting a yoga teacher training course? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SaraYoga

Hi,

Green Lotus Yoga is really good. I did a one year course with Carol Murphy there. There are also shorter certifications. She teaches Ashtanga based with Iyengar alignment. Very powerful mix!
    I have a student who just completed the YTI training. It seems to be more Hatha based. And from talking to her it sounds very good a well so it would depend on what kind of yoga you practice and want to teach.
    Sara

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mysorestyle

It all depends on what you're after. I would do some pretty serious checks on who the teacher will be for your training as that's really what you'll be paying for (their expertise). Teacher trainings are very expensive and a lot of studios are forced into doing them because their overheads can be quite high. It is much more lucrative to teach teachers than to teach regular students.

With regard to how 'good at yoga' you have to be there is no real requirement. I would recommend, however, to not even consider training as a teacher until you have at least a couple of years of daily practice under your belt (and for me that would be the absolute minimum). I would be of the opinion that anyone who will allow you to do their teacher training course without that prior experience just wants your money. And there are a LOT of them unfortunately.

Our teaacher in India always said that 'there is no such thing as teacher training... only student training'. In other words, you practise for a long time with a good teacher and then your own experience will enable you to pass it on to other students. We run daily Ashtanga classes in Dublin and, if you ever see us starting up a teacher training programme you will know that we need the money. Never say never I suppose ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carmelamturner

Yoga has its origin in India. India is blessed with scenic beauty and calm, silent natural surroundings. Practicing this art and learning it from experts or Gurus who have been practicing it and discovering new facts of this exercise is actually the real training. It has to be learned it calm natural surroundings. Though there are yoga studios established, but in India you get to learn in natural environment with yoga teachers. These institutes have all sorts of facilities and so every year many aspiring learners from all over the world come to India , opt for various yoga teacher training courses and go back to their home country and work as instructors in their homeland. If you too wish to enroll yourself for such a course in India here is a list of some affordable and best training centers in India. Association for Yoga and Meditation: (AYM) Rishikesh, India When it comes to training in this form of exercise Rishikesh in India is the first place that comes to mind. AYM provides courses of 200 and 500 hours for instructors. Features: • Guru/Instructors: The main instructor Yogi Chetan Maheshji has been training in this field for over 20 years. He has learned this art from the experts in this field. Besides the other teachers also have an experience and complete knowledge of this exercise. • Shala/Hall: The hall is made as per the specifications given in scriptures about this art. • Certification: AYM certification is recognized world over because it is accredited by India and USA.
    you know more : visit
    http://featheredpipe.com

Advertisement