Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aftershock available anywhere?

Options
  • 24-05-2012 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭

Basically heading over to US and a friend has a particular fondness for this. After going to all my usual haunts to pick this up couldnt be found anywhere. Have tried O Briens, Molloy's, Devenny's, tesco/dunnes and nothing. Even got on to the distributor but to no avail

Getting desperate at this stage anyone seen anywhere in passing or no anywhere in Dublin I can pick up a bottle (of anything but Red)

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Fairly sure my local Spar shop sells this (Ranelagh), not sure if its the Red one I saw though,

Nick

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ecoli wrote: »
    Basically heading over to US and a friend has a particular fondness for this. After going to all my usual haunts to pick this up couldnt be found anywhere. Have tried O Briens, Molloy's, Devenny's, tesco/dunnes and nothing. Even got on to the distributor but to no avail

Getting desperate at this stage anyone seen anywhere in passing or no anywhere in Dublin I can pick up a bottle (of anything but Red)

Thanks

wonder if it would be in Duty free so you could pick it up in the airport on your way? we stock it in our shop, but that's in Tralee :) although we do deliver!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

They don't sell it in the Duty Free in Dublin unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

They have 3 bottles of red after shock behind the counter in Spar Abbey St at the Luas stop, didn't see a price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Fine Wines have it on their website, I assume they have it in-store as well. Pricey at €31.50 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Pricey at €31.50 though.
    I think this is why it is hard to get, few probably stock it due to the ludicrous price and hence low customer base.

I never understood how it ever sold so well -an artificial flavoured vodka/liquer with a much higher price than liquers with genuine extracts in them, like bols stuff or cointreau. Its 40% so stronger than many but the same as cointreau and many vodkas. I remember it really taking off when released in pubs and marketed as 'shots', many are just ignorant of all the liquers which had been there for decades before.

Wyborowa vodka is €15 in tesco at the moment, Finlandia is €15 in supervalu. They are asking for an extra €16.50 for a bit of sugar & E numbers thrown in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Yeah its a ridiculous price. Absolutely manky imho, but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

what's even more disgusting is that its no longer 40%… its been lowered to 30%.

never understood why anyone drank the stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Anyone know if any of the major off licences in Dublin sell it ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

off licenses in limerick sell it everywhere still

• Advertisement

Tea_Bag wrote: »

never understood why anyone drank the stuff.

The stuff is like rocket fuel you only need to drink a small amount to get off your head:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Jumboman wrote: »
    The stuff is like rocket fuel you only need to drink a small amount to get off your head:D

It's pretty low in alcohol for a spirit though? you should give something stronger a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

speak for yourself :D

Just managed to find an off licence that sells it. It cost me 37euro for a 70cl bottle :eek: also the guy in the off licence said it was the last bottle they had left and they may not be getting it in again.

Its very expensive but it will cost me less than buying it in nightclubs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Just managed to find an off licence that sells it. It cost me 37euro for a 70cl bottle :eek: also the guy in the off licence said it was the last bottle they had left and they may not be getting it in again.

Yikes, that's expensive! We stock it (in Tralee) for €27.99, the bars still buy it off us regularly so we continue to stock it!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Yikes, that's expensive! We stock it (in Tralee) for €27.99, the bars still buy it off us regularly so we continue to stock it!

At that price it might be worth me making a trip down to kerry and bringing back a few bottles.

Anyone know how much it costs up north ?

At that price it might be worth me making a trip down to kerry and bringing back a few bottles.

Anyone know how much it costs up north ?

I was thinking it would be roughly about £24, but just looked it up and on the 'my supermarket' comparison site, its showing Tesco & Sainsbury's in the UK selling it for £17.50, with Asda selling it at only £14.75! So if you were going up North, you might be lucky to get for less than £20!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'd be looking for a different drink. I like twix's but if they were 2.5times the price of other bars I would start sampling other bars.

You can buy high quality essences to make your own liquers. I got mine from www.partyman.se years ago though he seems to have very few now.

They were a brand called prestige, and I see the UK agent is still running
    http://www.swedishconnections.co.uk/essence/5/prestige-candy-shots

He has a better selection. I see one called 'green frogs' which must be trying to mimic those fat frog cocktails.

rubadub wrote: »
    I'd be looking for a different drink. I like twix's but if they were 2.5times the price of other bars I would start sampling other bars.

It may be 2.5times the price but is 10 times the fun:D

Advertisement