Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Snuggie' availability?

Options
  • 24-05-2012 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hey guys,

At the risk of sounding ridiculous, I need to get my hands on a snuggie in Limerick! It's a birthday present for my girlfriend who loves them.

Anyone know of anywhere in the city that still does the real one, or the slanket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

jme467 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

At the risk of sounding ridiculous, I need to get my hands on a snuggie in Limerick! It's a birthday present for my girlfriend who loves them.

Anyone know of anywhere in the city that still does the real one, or the slanket?

Heatons be your best bet, picked one up their recently enough

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jme467

campo wrote: »
    Heatons be your best bet, picked one up their recently enough

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Tried them both on Tuesday, and unfortunately they've sold off all their stock. Thinking of just biting the bullet and buying one online!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

My sister got one for Christmas on my mother, I'll ask where she got it from later when shes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have seen those things in Pennys hanging up on the discount rails. Heavily discounted because "normally" people don't want them. :p

Pennys apparently :)

• Advertisement

They don't have in the city, but I might give the crescent a call. Found a knock-off 'snuggle' in one of the Indian shops in town, but it looks like it'd fall apart in my hands, and I can't find a single reference to it on the web :P Thanks a million guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Might be worth trying the Co-op store in Raheen.

They had them before but I'm just not sure if they had the Snuggle or Snuggie Brand.

Had the cheap nasty one that graduated to the Cats Kennel outside.

~B

heatons i saw them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I'm sure your missus would also prefer diamonds... Lots of women like diamonds, I'd go with the diamonds ;)

Sorry I can't be any help with the snuggie issue :(

bullets wrote: »
    Might be worth trying the Co-op store in Raheen.

They had them before but I'm just not sure if they had the Snuggle or Snuggie Brand.

Had the cheap nasty one that graduated to the Cats Kennel outside.

~B

Thanks B, I'll check it out :)

@Tajd was that in the cresent or childer's road?

• Advertisement

jme467 wrote: »
    Thanks B, I'll check it out :)

@Tajd was that in the cresent or childer's road?

i think the cresent i saw them but that was few week ago pennies do there own brand also amazon seeling them for 10 pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Have you tried Argos? They aren't snuggie brand, but they do the trick (i got one there ages ago though).

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Its like a snuggies anonymous meeting in here

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

If you're stuck, buy a robe and wear it backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

What is a Snuggie? I haven't a clue what it is but for some strange reason I'm starting to want one.

Just gonna bite the bullet and buy one of the double ones online. She'll love the fact I got a double one ;)
    LadyTBolt wrote: »
    What is a Snuggie? I haven't a clue what it is but for some strange reason I'm starting to want one.

It's essentially a blanket with sleeves. Sounds stupid, but they're actually quite comfortable....apart from the enormous amount of static they generate

Here is a perfect video description of what a Snuggie is! :D

Btw, OP - Dunnes on the Childers Road also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

you'll be needing one of them over the next few days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Slankets even come in Camo :eek:
    http://shop.theslanket.com/the-slanket/TS-CAMO.html

Tried one on once and went WTF!! exactly like wearing a dressing gown backwards but without being able to close it Horrid Horrid things that remind me
    of those paper gowns they give you going in for an operation in hospital.

~B

Advertisement