Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment stopped

Options
  • 24-05-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on what I should do in relation to a payment that has been stopped.

Our situation is I was working part-time until two weeks ago, filling in the casual workers dockets. My partner is unemployed at the moment and on JSA. I was getting €205 before deductions for the days I worked, she gets €136. We get a half payment each for our child.

I only received a letter yesterday telling me my payment has been stopped since 1st May because my stamps ran out, I was not expecting this as I was advised by the social welfare I would continue to be eligble for JSB as I was working part time.

They gave me a form to fill in to apply for JSA with some casual workers forms too.

So since I've finished work do I presume I don't need to fill in the casual workers forms?

Also I heard you can just get one payment for a couple. I was wondering would it be better to do this? If so how would I get myself added to my wife's payment and the money since the start of May back? Would I still need to apply for JSA?

Really panicking now as we cannot survive on her €136 a week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Apply for jsa asap. Go to the community welfare officer for swa in the mean time. If you claim jsa they will add 124 for your wife and 29.80 per child to your payment as lonng as you both have no other means. It will be all in 1 weekly payment in the post office. You could be getting for swa for weeks before the jsa claim is approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the reply.

I presume seeing as I've finished up work I just need to enclose my P45 and not have to hassle my employer to look up my work records since Feb? (They enclosed a form for my employer to fill out the days I worked).

Also I could have some problems getting the last 6 months bank statements as I just changed banks and closed my other account to avoid fees. Will this be a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

p45 should do it, they may write to you employer anyway.

best you can do is tell them your account is closed, i thought of this alright and printed off 6 months statements before i close my aib account.

Still waiting to hear back from this. Does anyone know what the average waiting time switching between JSB and JSA is? I thought it'd be easy enough and quick seeing as they already know my means.

It was also mentioned in the letter when applying I might not need an interview. How do they decide if I will or not?

Anyone got any idea? Is there any point in me going up to the office or would this be a wasted trip?

• Advertisement
Advertisement