Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiiping Boxes home - London to Dublin

Options
  • 24-05-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,
    Having been to University for a number of years in the UK, I am about to ship about 15 relatively small boxes and 2 desktop computers from South London to either Dublin or Limerick.

I have had difficulty locating companies that ship material regularly for this route and the ones I contacted have been quite expensive.

Does anyone know of any moving/shipping company that does a regular London-Dublin run..

Cost is the primary factor for me at the moment...and therefore the motivation to post.

regards and thanks for any suggestions

SC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I used these guys years ago. They used to advertise in the local Irish paper.

http://www.sheridans-removals.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

we used www.careline.ie this time last year going the opposite direction to you, op. I didn't think they were overly expensive. the driver was telling me that they're in London fairly regularly so I assume they will take boxes back to Dublin. the office is based in park west

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

You chould try out http://www.shiply.com/. It's a reverse auction site where you put in what you want to send and different couriers/companies bid for your business. Getting the quotes is free but they they will charge you to accept it, the details of which are pretty clear if you make sure to look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

First question I guess is, what is "quite expensive?"

I have just been on transland.com and looked at shipping a pallet, middle of June, NW1 to Dublin, about 50kg in weight, and they quoted about 75 euro + VAT.

How does this sound with what you are being quoted up to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cassiecat

I used shiply about 2 months ago to return 7 boxes from London to Dublin - cost me 140£ which i thought was great value!
    The guy who collected them couldnt of been more helpfull, highly recommend it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

You could pallet ship them much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 subaculture

How would you pallet ship them? Wouldn't the mover need a fork lifter etc.

Anyway, thanks for all the help everyone, I will contact each of the above and leave some feedback after I choose/ get the service.

SC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

How would you pallet ship them? Wouldn't the mover need a fork lifter etc.

Anyway, thanks for all the help everyone, I will contact each of the above and leave some feedback after I choose/ get the service.

SC

Get a pallet + pallet wrap (similar to cling film), ask for transport company to provide truck with tail lift.

Advertisement