Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory Gallagher fest camping

Options
  • 24-05-2012 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

For anyone who's going to the Rory Gallagher tribute festival this year, what's the story with camping tickets?

I've bought my three day ticket for fifty euro, and I thought that was the only charge and that it covered camping and concerts, but it now it seems that there's a separate charge for camping, another 45 euro, which you have to pay when you arrive.

The only source of information on it is the festival website but it doesn't really clarify so if anyone's been to the festival before or is going this tear and knows what's going on please do help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PTO

The 3 day ticket is just for the 3 night time gigs in the marquee. All other night time gigs and daytime gigs are free. You can't pre-book camping tickets as far as I know. You have to register at the camping office when you arrive in Ballyshannon. Check out www.goingtomyhometown.com You'll find out all the info there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭thesultan

Are tickets still available for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Theres a small office in ballyshannon town where u pay for the weekend camping and then the camping is based about 5mins down the road...

Brillant weekend!!!!

Cant wait!!!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Is the ballyshannon bus station close to the actual town? Been looking all over but can't find an exact address of where the station is located. Just want to know if I have much more travel ahead of me when the bus arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Hi The Cannibal

The bus station is smack bang in the middle of the town at the bridge. When you get off the bus cross back over the bridge and head straight across roundabout. In front of you will be O'Neills shop, turn left there and camping office is just a few yards further down. Will take you 3-4 minutes to get from Bus to camping office.

To get courtesy bus to campsite just head back to roundabout and stand outside Maggies bar which is to the left as you look towards bridge. Stay on same side of road as Maggies.

Hope that helps see ya there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

That's a huge help, thanks!

Will be coming hopefully from the West Waterford East Cork direction . What to know the best directions to Ballyshannon and the longevity of the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

thesultan wrote: »
    Will be coming hopefully from the West Waterford East Cork direction . What to know the best directions to Ballyshannon and the longevity of the journey.

Through Portlaoise, Athlone and via Sligo. Had to drive from Clonmel once and thats the way I went. Took about 5 hours but we stopped along the way. Try and do it early as the drive from Sligo to Ballyshannon is stunning and you'd want to do it in day light to catch the views.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I've camped at huge festivals all over europe for over 20 years and the year I went to Ballyshannon was the noisiest campsite I ever tried to sleep on not a wink of sleep and they're couldn't have been more than 80 people.

My advice. Get a bed and breakfast or ask someone if you can camp in their back garden. €45 is a ridiculous price for camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I bought earplugs :D

• Advertisement

Heading up this evening . Have a Rory playlist made up for the journey. Hopefully a good weekend.

Is there shower facilities on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

From the official website. goingtomyhometown.com

Official Camping 2012The Official Campsite will be Fully Serviced with Toilets and 24 Hour Security. A Courtesy Shuttle Bus will operate between the Official Campsite and the Town Centre – Day & Night. A Shuttle Bus Service will also operate between the Campsite and the local GAA Grounds which will be open each day between 8am & 2pm and also between 5pm & 9pm for Shower Facilities.

The Campsite will be in close proximity to the Town Centre with Catering Facilities available for Campsite occupants. A Courtesy Bus will be available to take Campsite Residents to the Town Centre – Day & Night. (Only those wearing Camping Wristbands can use the Courtesy Bus Service).

The Official Campsite will open to Campers at 12 NOON on THURSDAY 31st MAY 2012 and will close at 12 NOON on MONDAY 4th JUNE 2012. The Cost to Camp on the Official Campsite is €45 euro per person for the Festival duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Whats the story with if you dont wanna camp in the site,is there fields were people pitch or is it best to ask a local for a use of their garden? Or just kip in the car somewhere!?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Ciaran0

Well I thought that was just fantastic, does everyone else agree??

Only stayed for one day but the bus service was fanastic. Have to say the free street performers where better than the tent ones. Stayed in the campsite. The rain and wind took the gloss off it. Pity it's so far away

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Brilliant weekend!!!! That buckfast is some good tack!!

Spent most of the weekend in the campsite jammin.. Great buzz!!

Advertisement