Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's shorts

Options
  • 23-05-2012 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

I need new shorts and was wondering if anyone has favourites they can recommend, preferably nice and light with at least one zip pocket and ideally not black.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

gnu wrote: »
    I need new shorts and was wondering if anyone has favourites they can recommend, preferably nice and light with at least one zip pocket and ideally not black.

I though ALL running shorts were black?:confused:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nike Tempo shorts come in literally any colour you can possibly imagine, and are rather comfortable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

Emer911 wrote: »
    No, but I can see why you'd think that! As RK says, the tempos come in colours and patterns and Brooks have loads of coloured ones too. In fact I think I've seen colours in most brands online, just not in bricks and mortar shops.
    Nike Tempo shorts come in literally any colour you can possibly imagine, and are rather comfortable too.
    Thanks, I'd seen these online but can't find them in shops so that's good to know before I order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Sure I was joking kid! :D

I have some (black) adidas ladies running shorts that I love. They're a lovely fit, really light and a perfect little zip pocket at the back. I can't seem to find them online, but then I think I got them at a marathon expo somewhere [but then I seem to buy all my shorts at marathon expo's...:rolleyes:]

Sure I was joking kid! :D

I have some (black) adidas ladies running shorts that I love. They're a lovely fit, really light and a perfect little zip pocket at the back. I can't seem to find them online, but then I think I got them at a marathon expo somewhere [but then I seem to buy all my shorts at marathon expo's...:rolleyes:]
    :D You ladies in black are clearly going for a more sophisticated look than I am! They sound nice though despite their blackness! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

I just took my Nike tempo 2 in 1 shorts for a test run this morning. They are lovely. The compression inner short stayed put for a 11 mile run. I got the black ones off wiggle but they had some nice purple ones too. I am a size 12 and the medium fits perfectly. I would prefer d slightly longer ones but they were out of stock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

they have some good variations in dunnes at the moment,bought a pair the other day look really cool

Nules10 wrote: »
    I just took my Nike tempo 2 in 1 shorts for a test run this morning. They are lovely. The compression inner short stayed put for a 11 mile run. I got the black ones off wiggle but they had some nice purple ones too. I am a size 12 and the medium fits perfectly. I would prefer d slightly longer ones but they were out of stock.

Have 2 pairs of these myself (one black, one royal blue and grey), they're great :)

Thanks a mill for the suggestions everyone. I'd seen those 2-in-1 shorts on Wiggle but thought they looked a bit uncomfortable but now you've got me having a rethink. And purple would be nice!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Nules10 wrote: »

Where did you buy them from Nules? I was looking at some on startfitness last week, but thought they were a bit "short" looking for me. Where can I find these longer ones you mention? Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Start Fitness has them - 10cm inseam, which isn't too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Another Nike Tempo Shorts wearer here! Mine are all black, with coloured bits, but I was in the Nike shop in Kildare Village recently, and they had a good selection of colours, as did TK Maxx.

(They don't have a zip pocket though. I wear a little waist pouch for my keys etc)

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Another Nike Tempo Shorts wearer here! Mine are all black, with coloured bits, but I was in the Nike shop in Kildare Village recently, and they had a good selection of colours, as did TK Maxx.

(They don't have a zip pocket though. I wear a little waist pouch for my keys etc)

Thanks, I never thought of looking there! I recently got a Nathan shadow pack for my phone, could always put my keys there too ... although I LOVE pockets in clothes!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Have Nike tempo shorts from before the days when they added compression shorts to them, only shorts I have that chafe. Maybe if the made them properly they wouldn't have to add compression shorts! :pac:

Have Nike tempo shorts from before the days when they added compression shorts to them, only shorts I have that chafe. Maybe if the made them properly they wouldn't have to add compression shorts! :pac:

Uh oh, those were the ones I was considering, not keen on an extra layer underneath. What shorts do you find good RQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

I have 3 pairs of these Adidas shorts

http://www.startfitness.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=3913,4099&CAT_ID=4117&P_ID=48559

I like them because they are longer than your typical ladies shorts and I'm not brave enough for short-shorts! They're comfy; I've never had any chafing issues. They also have a little zip pocket at the back. They're available in a good few colours (but I just have 2 black and a navy cos i'm boring!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Uh oh, those were the ones I was considering, not keen on an extra layer underneath. What shorts do you find good RQ?

I have adidas 6'' shorts as well, I've also got a couple of pairs of the 'unisex' more mile shorts from start fitness. http://www.startfitness.co.uk/prodtype.asp?strParents=3913,4099&CAT_ID=4117&numRecordPosition=1

They only have size 16 now but pretty sure mine are a small so maybe a mens small. Going to buy a couple more pairs in black just of the mens ones. Mens small or extra small should be fine on women. I find them much more comfortable. Short shorts are horrible.

RubyK wrote: »
    Where did you buy them from Nules? I was looking at some on startfitness last week, but thought they were a bit "short" looking for me. Where can I find these longer ones you mention? Thanks :)

Ruby I don't have the legs for short shorts :rolleyes: but I found these ones grand they are the tempo 2 in 1 3.5 inch. But I think they come in a slightly longer leg. From my research the longer ones can be got on start fitness. They are £19 on start. Wiggle do free delivery and I picked up 1000 mile socks on offer 3 for 2. But they are out of stock of the longer length. I am tempted to pick up the longer ones myself at some point.

The longer ones are 4 inch so not a huge difference in length

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Thanks for that Nules, I'll check out startfitness again, and wiggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

wow, who knew that women's shorts was such a contentious issue ?

• Advertisement

You could have an almost identical discussion about men's shorts...

Thanks a mill everyone, I really appreciate the feedback. I'm going to try to get these in a "normal" shop before I resort to online. The longer ones would be great for the gym as well. I'm not as fussy about length for running outside, I really have no shame (I think I forget people can see me!) and as long as I'm comfy, I'm happy!

Not contentious ... just really important, especially making sure they match my shoes.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Not contentious ... just really important, especially making sure they match my shoes.:cool:

Of course. that's the really important bit. doesn't matter if they cut the arse off you, once they look good

They had the tempo 2in1 shorts in elverys in Blanchardstown today. Nice pink ones... Hope they match the shoes ;)

Advertisement