Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone booked with omega flight store

Options
  • 23-05-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has booked with this company, quoted decent prices for the flights I wanted on skyscanner (weren't the cheapest but the company that was didn't have a great reputation on forums).

I couldn't find any topics or forums about them on google, so went ahead to book and got a message saying that the booking is being processed but the prices weren't valid until the booking has been confirmed and the tickets have been issued.

So has anyone any experience of this crowd or should I ring the bank and tell them to cancel (ebookers - a fairly reputable and known company are only slightly more expensive)

Thanks - nordie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

Actually don't bother, just got this email from them this morning

It seems that there has been an error on our system and the reservation has failed to
    complete successfully. We believe you have received an acknowledgement rather than a
    final confirmation email and this is due to the flight/hotel availability and price
    having changed during your browsing and booking session.

In this case, no money has been charged from your card, and we will cancel this
    reservation for you. You may please try to make a new booking online or contact us on
    0844 493 8888 to find any suitable flight/hotel for you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Online Booking Support

Why do companies do this, put up flights they know they can't honour

So infuriating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ali.bur

Don't book with Omega Travel, they are impossible to get hold of on any of their telephone numbers and when you do manage to get through (at least 3 days of trying and 30 minutes wait when I did hang on for long enough) they were very unhelpful. I ended up cancelling the flight I had booked with them because my original flight was cancelled (ok that wasn't their fault) however, they inform me that I will have to wait 8 weeks for the refund of my £400 - Why? I have e-mailed them to find out why it takes so long to process a refund but just got an e-mail back telling me the date I would receive my refund - in 8 weeks time!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi there ali.bur,

Welcome to Boards and to our Travel Forum. I closed this thread here & asking that you please do not drag up old threads.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement