Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing something together.

Options
  • 23-05-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya, I wanted to do something with my 14 year old sister while she's off school this summer. I was hoping for a weekly course, like karate or boxing, something fun and will push us both out of our lazy comfort zones :)

I'm finding it difficult to find anything that will take a teen and an adult in the same class. I've looked at loads; karate, kick boxing, tai chi, yoga etc. I was looking for a circus skills course earlier too, on a recommendation from someone who did one when she was away.

If anybody has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. I'm in Kildare, can travel to Dublin, Carlow or anywhere in Kildare.

EDIT:MODS I put this here because I thought it would be seen by people who've experienced the same thing. If there is somewhere more suitable please move. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

try an activity centre and you can do canoeing /rock climbing and other fun out door activites, you can gor for a day or a week.

Not sure where the activity centres are in co dublin, my lady goes to killary in co Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Go to London for a long weekend. See the sights, fantastic museums and fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thank you both, I'm looking for something to do on a weekly basis rather than on blow out weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

There's a few kayaking/canoeing clubs around the country that will run courses over the summer. Maybe going out every Wednesday evening or something like that.

Just an idea. Myself and my daughter did the flora mini marathon, would you consider doing one with your sister and go for jogs or walks during the week. Maybe get a sponsor ship pack of a cause close to your heart and raise funds for it.

My daughters diabetic and we raised funds for diabetes Ireland, we had great fun,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

That's a brilliant idea! Hope you had fun today. :)

Whispered wrote: »
    That's a brilliant idea! Hope you had fun today. :)

It was great, it was very crowded but really good fun, will do it next year. Have kickboxing tonight and i wreaked... my self and my daughter love the kickboxing.

Advertisement