Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Czech airsoft girl looks for a team in Ireland

  • 23-05-2012 6:41pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ Hitwoman


    Hi lads,

    I've no idea how things go over there. I'm moving to Dublin next month and since I've been playing airsoft for almost 5 years now here in Czech Republic I wouldn't like to stop just because I'm moving to a different country. I'd seen a lot of pages and I can see that airsoft is as much popular as in my country. I'm no noob and I seriously want to continue playing and don't want to leave all my guns and gear home so it could collect dust in my old room.
    If you knew about some team, or you could offer me some advice I'd be really happy.

    Mish


«1

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭ Hande hoche!


    Might be worth a look through this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055221876&page=45


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,130 ✭✭✭✭ Lemming


    Find out what sites will be local to you - or as close as you can tell within reason if you aren't quite sure where you'll be staying yet - by checking the sites sub-forum here.

    There are more teams in Ireland than you can shake a stick at, and Hande has just linked you to the teams general recruitment page. But you might get more initial mileage out of just contacting a site to see what dates look to be busy and then just turn up to get started.

    Regards law, Irish airsoft law is quite straight forward; 328fps with a .2g BB is your absolute maximum tolerance regardless of gun type. There is no variances or tolerances given in law for that 328 fps figure. It's one joule and that's your lot as far it goes legally. So if you need to downgrade or leave stuff behind, bear that in mind.

    Other than that, best of luck & I hope you have fun!


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ Hitwoman


    Wow. Irish airsoft law. We have special measures regarding the strings etc. only in big airsoft events but that might be the reason why it's so easy to meet a total ass in the field. I hear it's quite different from the way we do it here. I don't know if you're allowed to use military vehicles etc. The only problem in czech is you don't want to be seen by civilians who might eventually call the cops because they think we're part of some secret invasion.
    I'm moving to Dublin, Clonsilla to be precise so I hope I find someone to play with .. damn that sounds awkward


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,160 Inari


    In Clonsilla you'd be very close to Redbarn and Fingal; no more than 20 minutes drive away.

    Teams in Irish Airsoft are an oddity. I don't know what they're like in Czech Republic, but here they're a mixed bunch. The vast majority of 'teams' are just mates playing together at the same site. There are some who have uniforms, specified tactical apparel and guns, and some who train together for improved tactics etc.

    There are a hefty majority in Ireland who play solo, or at least with a group of mates informally (*points at self*), so if you're interested in joining a team, forming a team, or even just playing, just get yourself down to a local site, and have a chat with the players there - you'll likely find like minded people, and can go from there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ Hitwoman


    Already can see it's so much different from our ways but thanks for your advice. I'll have a look around!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭ Southern Dandy


    Hitwoman wrote: »
    Wow. Irish airsoft law. We have special measures regarding the strings etc. only in big airsoft events but that might be the reason why it's so easy to meet a total ass in the field. I hear it's quite different from the way we do it here. I don't know if you're allowed to use military vehicles etc. The only problem in czech is you don't want to be seen by civilians who might eventually call the cops because they think we're part of some secret invasion.
    I'm moving to Dublin, Clonsilla to be precise so I hope I find someone to play with .. damn that sounds awkward

    Yeah, any airsoft gun that fires above 328fps is considered a firearm under our law, there is no +/- 5fps or anything like that, and like in czech we cant brandish weapons in public for the same reasons.

    Just downgrade your airsoft guns and chrono them before leaving and you should be fine.

    As for the military vehicles I have not got a clue, I'm fairly new to skirmishing and not been to many sites myself mainly just collected and shot out the back garden. But I'm sure there's a few on boards here that can shed light on that.

    Best of luck finding a team.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ Hitwoman


    I already see it's way different I'll have to wait and see if I'm taking my guns with me or I'll just buy a new one just for the convenience.
    I guess I'll have a hard time dealing with all that stuff :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,160 Inari


    Hitwoman wrote: »
    I already see it's way different I'll have to wait and see if I'm taking my guns with me or I'll just buy a new one just for the convenience.
    I guess I'll have a hard time dealing with all that stuff :D

    Aye, there are huge differences between a lot of the European countries where airsoft is concerned.

    One of the lads I was working with was telling me that in Poland, the gentleman's agreement on-site (in Poland) was 500fps for Bolt Action Rifles, 400fps for Rifles, 350fps for SMG's and 330fps for pistols, all with MED (Minimum Engagement Distances) etc.

    Whereas Ireland is across the board 1 joule, just like Japan. Everything must be under that limit. Do you do your own maintenance? If so just open up all your gear, lube it up, make sure you've got a good air seal (no leaks etc), and put in an M85 spring. Realistically if your gun has a proper air seal, your gun shouldn't need anything more.

    But yeah, Airsoft is definitely very different here than in many other countries...but you can always find like-minded people, regardless of where you are!

    I do hope you stick with Airsoft while you're over here :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ Hitwoman


    I do my own maintenance. I've the base spring in my gun so I don't think it would cross the "laws" :) anyway. I do not plan to give up on airsoft whilst I'm staying in Ireland. It's just a shame that in some way it's not alike how we do it here. I have a swell team and I got to learn a lot about tactics and you get to work in "real" battle conditions here.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 OzCam


    Vítejte v Irsku.

    You might like to ask the opinion of some female players here. I'll send you a PM :)

    We look forward to meeting you.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ Hitwoman


    Oh that's awesome! i see you're NAG member? that's grand I'm big fan of that always wanted something like that in Czech :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,084 ✭✭✭✭ TheDoc


    Hitwoman wrote: »
    I already see it's way different

    Yeah its cooler here, we don't like calling hits, no fun having to walk back to spawn somewhere or like, get a medic.

    So we just keep shooting at each other, shouting loudly until a marshall blows the whistle

    Its a good laugh in all fairness....


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭ Hande hoche!


    Maybe try a different site doc?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ sliabh


    TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah its cooler here, we don't like calling hits, no fun having to walk back to spawn somewhere or like, get a medic.

    So we just keep shooting at each other, shouting loudly until a marshall blows the whistle

    Its a good laugh in all fairness....
    You should try playing in Austria.

    Just shoot at each other until you run out of bbs, then go eat sausage for an hour before restarting :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭ moggser


    sliabh wrote: »
    then go eat sausage for an hour before restarting :(


    homophobic-seal-gaaay.png


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ Hitwoman


    TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah its cooler here, we don't like calling hits, no fun having to walk back to spawn somewhere or like, get a medic.

    So we just keep shooting at each other, shouting loudly until a marshall blows the whistle

    Its a good laugh in all fairness....

    Forgive me if I'm rude but I consider the way we do it here much cooler. If I want to run around and shoot with absolutely no knowledge of tactics and teamwork whatsoever I'd rather sit on my ass and play shooting games on a computer.but no offense I love CoD :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭ Leftyflip


    Ah, don't mind that Doc fella, he's just bitter :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Andys787


    Ahoj

    Ja jsem Andy chtel jsem se zeptat jestly jsi mela stesti a nasla nejaky ten team na airsoft.

    Andy


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭ andy_g


    Andys787 wrote: »
    Ahoj

    Ja jsem Andy chtel jsem se zeptat jestly jsi mela stesti a nasla nejaky ten team na airsoft.

    Andy

    Translation for those that dont speak Czech.
    Hello I am Andy I was wondering if you got lucky and found some on the team airsoft. Andes


  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭ kimmyt1987


    Another lady, wahoooo!
    Waves hello...! :)


    We are a friendly bunch, do say hello on the field!
    And lucky you, you've made a friend of Andy already...


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 hightower1


    The sound of single blokes falling over themselves here is deafening! lol.
    We've already had the "I speak your native lanuage" try, who gonna throw out the "so, do you play here often" line? :o

    <sits hoping the czech girl is actually Gerrowadat trolling>


  • Registered Users Posts: 1 4ftRanger


    If you have an issue with moderation go to PM's or help desk.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 OzCam


    Gentlemen, I find your lack of faith... disturbing.

    If Andy_g hadn't posted a translation, I would have either done so myself or asked for one to be posted. The operational language of this forum is the Second Official Language of this state.

    It's quite possible that Andys787 is a troll. It's also possible that he's the big bearded Czech bloke called Andrejs (sp?) who I met in Duncannon two years ago.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,904 MagicIRL


    Here ya go Oz! Just for future help in case you come across more forums that use the second language of their states, too!

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Google+Translate+Czech+to+English

    Please note, you'll have to use the copy and paste function on your PC, Laptop or Tablet/Phone device to successfully translate using Google. To do this, highlight the Czech text, copy it using the right click function, or ctrl + c and then paste the text into the google translation page using ctrl + v or the right click paste function.

    Hope you find the internet limitless now with your ability to decipher the world around you! Enjoy!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭ Zomg Okay


    MagicIRL wrote: »
    Here ya go Oz! Just for future help in case you come across more forums that use the second language of their states, too!

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Google+Translate+Czech+to+English

    Please note, you'll have to use the copy and paste function on your PC, Laptop or Tablet/Phone device to successfully translate using Google. To do this, highlight the Czech text, copy it using the right click function, or ctrl + c and then paste the text into the google translation page using ctrl + v or the right click paste function.

    Hope you find the internet limitless now with your ability to decipher the world around you! Enjoy!

    Disclaimer: Translations rarely make sense and are rarely grammatically correct.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 OzCam


    MagicIRL wrote: »
    Here ya go Oz! Just for future help in case you come across more forums that use the second language of their states, too!

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Google+Translate+Czech+to+English

    I've been using machine translation, notably SYSTRAN since the late '80s, and via BabelFish on AltaVista since 1995. Long before Google.

    I know how it works*, thanks.

    * In both senses of the word ;)


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,160 Inari


    And that Hitwoman is exactly why you should play Airsoft in Ireland, because as you can see we all get on and are friendly people...

    Are you over in Ireland yet? If so, have you made the trek out to any of our sites?
    I'm sure you'll be able to find many people of similar mindset to yourself.

    Let us know how you get on :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ ItsNoAlias


    <Mod>Personal abuse already banned for a week<Mod>


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ Hitwoman


    Yeah I'm already here alright. Trying to get settled and hope to meet likeminded people as soon as I can. So far I'm a bit lonely around here cos lets face it most of the girls are not exactly excited to talk about guns or military history :)


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ Hitwoman


    hightower1 wrote: »
    The sound of single blokes falling over themselves here is deafening! lol.
    We've already had the "I speak your native lanuage" try, who gonna throw out the "so, do you play here often" line? :o

    <sits hoping the czech girl is actually Gerrowadat trolling>

    None of the lines would work really. I didn't come to Ireland to play with czech blokes :P in any sense imaginable :D


Advertisement