Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an AK47

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

you should not have any bothers using all the above together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Should the power be legal in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

if you buy it in ireland the retailer is legally required to supply a gun at or under the 1Joule limit.

thermo wrote: »
    if you buy it in ireland the retailer is legally required to supply a gun at or under the 1Joule limit.

And the battery adapter is okay? + Will the 9.6 also work in the AK47?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

The gun will fire on a 9.6v battery, however the G&G motors are renowned for being the Achilles heel of their guns. They'll do fine on an 8.4v, but run it on a 9.6v with a 1 joule spring and the motors tend to burn out a little prematurely.

The battery adapter you have linked to will indeed work with the rifle and allow you to use any battery with a mini tamiya connector.

You will have no bother using a high cap mag with the gun - you just wind it on, as you would using any other battery. The RoF (rate of fire) isn't going to go up that drastic using a 9.6v battery.

What are you looking for out of the gun? Are you taking up skirmishing, or is it just a bit of target practise etc?

• Advertisement

What are you looking for out of the gun? Are you taking up skirmishing, or is it just a bit of target practise etc?

Well me and my friends are going up to Rathbeggan Lakes every so often over the summer and I might join an Airsoft society too when I go to college in September.
    The gun will fire on a 9.6v battery, however the G&G motors are renowned for being the Achilles heel of their guns. They'll do fine on an 8.4v, but run it on a 9.6v with a 1 joule spring and the motors tend to burn out a little prematurely.

The battery adapter you have linked to will indeed work with the rifle and allow you to use any battery with a mini tamiya connector.

So I should really just keep the battery and charger that come with the gun? The battery adapter should be okay am I right?

Ahh hey guys I just wanted to add a bit to this thread as I got the AK47 this evening. I find the loader that came with the mag to be really finicky and I was looking as this speed loader; http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&category_id=25&product_id=1247&Itemid=26

Would this speed loader work in the gun? The mags are medium capacity mags, I believe, as there is no hatch where you can pour the BBs in. I simply got a strange rod/tube thing for loading them in.

(And how do I tell if my clips are full or not? They aren't transparent)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

that speed loader will do fine, its simple really.. after you "break in" the magazine you just keep pumping until you cant fill it anymore, then just keep firing til it starts dry firing meaning its empty.
    after awhile you will get a sort of mental thing that will tell you your mag is low and to just change mags in a game

Aaaand another problem with my AK47 -_-

The manual seemingly describes a different model of the gun. I have to remove the stock plate to connect up the battery. However, there seems to be some sort of brown plate-thing underneath the stock plate. I don't know if I'm meant to remove it as its not present in the diagrams in the manual (and I've been scouring the internet too and all models seem to lack this brown plate). Should I remove this plastic brown plate or what? I'm afraid I might cause damage to the weapon while doing so, but I can't fit the battery in otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    Aaaand another problem with my AK47 -_-

The manual seemingly describes a different model of the gun. I have to remove the stock plate to connect up the battery. However, there seems to be some sort of brown plate-thing underneath the stock plate. I don't know if I'm meant to remove it as its not present in the diagrams in the manual (and I've been scouring the internet too and all models seem to lack this brown plate). Should I remove this plastic brown plate or what? I'm afraid I might cause damage to the weapon while doing so, but I can't fit the battery in otherwise.

You're not supposed to remove the metal plate via the screws - you just push down and it pops off :) They are just very stiff when brand new

• Advertisement

Inari wrote: »
    You're not supposed to remove the metal plate via the screws - you just push down and it pops off :) They are just very stiff when brand new

Ahh thanks I thought I got a different model/version of the gun. I had to sort of push it forward then lift it off.

Sorry for the double post and constant inquiries, but I wanted to get a smart charger for my 1600Ma 9.6V NIMH batteries (as the current charging situation is pretty confusing). Would this work with my batteries?; http://airsoftguns.ie/chargers-dischargers/510-gg-72v-96v-nimh-battery-smart-charger-mini-plug-eu.html

I have a mini tamiya connector large to small also. Not sure if that will help me, but advice is appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Its not a bad charger for the price, it has a 500ma output and will take about 3 hours + to fully charge a 1600mah battery

Bump

Well the AK (and nigh everything else) has been astounding. I played a full day on Sunday with over 100 people playing for charity in Rathbeggan Lakes. Performance and power were very good but I still need to get used to firing pellet guns as they seem to fly all over the place at long-ish range.

Two main complaints- the clip is far too small, so I've been looking at this 600 round high-cap magazine:

http://www.airsoftpark.com/product_info.php?products_id=242

I'll probably buy two if they are compatible with my gun. How can I find out if they are?

Also, just for curiosity's sake- could this drum magazine work in my rifle?:
    http://www.airsoftpark.com/product_info.php?products_id=9315

Its an electric winding version. Could that cause problems? Or could the capacity cause problems with extended firing?

You guys like this vest? http://www.airsoftpark.com/product_info.php?products_id=2770

Thanks a lot for the help so far guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Both the magazine and the drum should be compatible. If you are just concerned with capacity than you might consider a battleaxe magazine? http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/battleaxe-1000rd-electric-winding-magazine-for-ak-aeg-aaa-battery.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

if you're finding the mags to be too small you may be a bit too trigger happy, an AK mid capacity magazine will hold roughtl 100-150 BB's, the high capacity (hi cap) will hold in aound 600 rounds. I have an M4 and take 14 mids with me onto the field. like mentioned above, once you play a while you're brain start to get used to when the mag is nearly empty and you reload when they're like 10BB's left. as for the drum mag, yes it should fit no problem, any AK accessories should work with your AK. that vest is a MOLLE vest which means it has little loops all over the vest meaning you can put the pouches anywhere you want, they're an amazing platform. that vest should suit you fine, just keep in mind if you are using a drum mag you will need different pouches if you plan on buying more.
    also with that drum mag, I'd go easy on the sustained full auto on the AK, most gearboxes can't handle long 10 seconds trigger pull especially an airosft gun not primarily designed as a support rifle.
    and finally you mentioned your rifle is shooting a bit wonky, have you adjusted the hop up?

and finally you mentioned your rifle is shooting a bit wonky, have you adjusted the hop up?

It was initially shooting wonky due to the hop up but then my friend managed to fix it. It was a windy day also.

I'll probably just buy some 600 cap mags and leave the drum mag alone. It would be difficult to carry in that Molle vest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    It was initially shooting wonky due to the hop up but then my friend managed to fix it. It was a windy day also.

I'll probably just buy some 600 cap mags and leave the drum mag alone. It would be difficult to carry in that Molle vest too.

grand so :) hop ups can take a while to get used to.
    usually people with box mags in assualt rifles are frowned upon anyways :rolleyes:

Advertisement