Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loans

Options
  • 23-05-2012 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this has been posted before, if it has I apologise.

I'm just finished college, I graduated august 2011. I'm 22. I really want to do a course relating to medicine, and am thinking of going for the radiographer course in UCD. The only thing is it's over eight grand a year, and the course is four years long. I don't in anyway have that sort of money.

I was looking into getting a loan, but from what I've heard, and read, you have to start paying back the loan straight away.. This could be impossible if I don't get a part time job, and even if I do, I would still not be able to afford the repayments..

Is there any way around this? I wasn't eligible for the grant when I first was going in to university, and I'm still living at home, so I don't think i'd be eligible for it now.. Do you think I'll just have to wait a few years, save up and then go for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi OP,

Unfortunately as you already hold a degree you have used your free fee entitlements and aren't eligible for any fee support. As regards the grant the same is true unfortunately. Irregardless of whether or not you received it for your current qualification you cannot get it to pursue a second undergrad course.

Advertisement