Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso Order

Options
  • 23-05-2012 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Quick one for you here…

I ordered 150 Nespresso capsules the other day and paid the additional €8 for quick delivery (supposed to be 3-4 days). Anyway I had to call up their offices to see where the package was after it hadn’t arrived after nearly two weeks.

Their office told me they couldn’t locate the package so said they would send it out immediately. I received it then 2 days later. The package when it arrived was in a shocking state. The box and all the contents were ripped (although the coffee was still fine). I intended on sending them an email with pictures of the damaged box etc to make a complaint about the whole service.

Just before I sat down to send the email, a delivery from Nespresso was brought up to me in the office by the Secretary. It seems they must have duplicated the order and sent it to me twice.

Now I have double the amount of coffee that I actually ordered.

My question is….. Should I contact them to tell them of their mistake or should I keep it and take it as compensation for the crappy service? (the second box was in perfect condition)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I would contact them and complain about the bad condition of the original coffee package and the fact that you paid extra for speedy delivery which was nothing but.
    I'd also tell them that they sent you another batch but it was all due to them failing to deliver the original package promptly so I would presume they would tell you to keep the second batch as a means of apology for their poor service.

No point in keeping information from them, be honest and legit and it should be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Melendez wrote: »

Cheers lads,

I know that is the right thing to do and I will do so now. Karma will come and bite me on the ass is i dont i suppose.

I disagree that if the product is fine then the packaging did its job. The box itself being mangled i can deal with but the internal boxes that hold the capsules were also torn. There were also capsules all over the end of the box internally. The way I store the capsules in my house is still in their boxes beside the machine so i couldnt do this the way they were presented following delivery.

I will email them now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

Melendez wrote: »

Thats exactly what I will do.

Cheers for the input lads.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Now I have double the amount of coffee that I actually ordered.

My question is….. Should I contact them to tell them of their mistake or should I keep it and take it as compensation for the crappy service? (the second box was in perfect condition)

Something similar happened to me. I placed an order online. (Ordered over 200 capsules so delivery was free with Fastway.) I rang them the next day asking about tracking details. The customer agent told me there was no order placed. The agent placed a new order.

I got 2 deliveries. I was charged for both. I didn't mind much as my sister toke the extra coffee.

Check your credit card. My hunch is that they'll charge twice.

With your first box damaged you might be able to come to some deal or you may have to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Take pic of damaged box.
    Email them, ask for postage cost and cost for new box in order to return extras.
    When they refuse, double espressos all round!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

paultf wrote: »
    Something similar happened to me. I placed an order online. (Ordered over 200 capsules so delivery was free with Fastway.) I rang them the next day asking about tracking details. The customer agent told me there was no order placed. The agent placed a new order.

I got 2 deliveries. I was charged for both. I didn't mind much as my sister toke the extra coffee.

Check your credit card. My hunch is that they'll charge twice.

With your first box damaged you might be able to come to some deal or you may have to return.

Unlikely but easy to check all the same :D. This is how I see how things went down: The OP waited 2 weeks with no order arriving so called Nespresso to query the order delay, Nespresso as a result then sent out a replacement order. One of the orders arrived (either the replacement, but more likely the original) in "a shocking state", then the replacement order arrived as well. I imagine the delay in the original package's arrival has something to do with whatever caused the package to arrive in "a shocking state"

As to the OP's conundrum, your original package has already been written off by nespresso - they couldn't locate it and sent you out a replacement, in their books it's gone - personally I'd offer to return it so long as nespresso would cover costs of return.

Mactard wrote: »
    Unlikely but easy to check all the same :D. This is how I see how things went down: The OP waited 2 weeks with no order arriving so called Nespresso to query the order delay, Nespresso as a result then sent out a replacement order. One of the order's arrived (either the replacement, but more likely the original) in "a shocking state", then the replacement order arrived as well. I imagine the delay in the original package's arrival has something to do with whatever caused the package to arrive in "a shocking state"

As to the OP's conundrum, your original package has already been written off by nespresso - they couldn't locate it and sent you out a replacement, in their books it's gone - personally I'd offer to return it so long as nespresso would cover costs of return.

Thanks again lads,

I emailed them yesterday to advise them of the double order and the damaged packaging etc. I couldnt email them the photos as i had to go through their site for the email which no attachements were allowed. I also offered to send back the second shipment.

I got a lovely response from them this morning telling me they were very sorry for the damaged packaging etc and they would be taking the matter up with their couriers and management (not sure if they will bother but was nice of them to say they will)

But they told me to hang on to the second delivery anyway and hoped to have me back as a customer soon.

All in all i am very pleased with their quick and polite response and will certinaly do business again with them.

Mods can go ahead and close the thread.

Coffee is on me if anyone wants to pop over?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 puffbubble

Hi! Has anyone been having difficulties with Nespresso and the online ordering facility? I've been emailing them back and forwards for about a week now trying to order capsules online, but after about 4/5 emails I have now received the original reply to the first email - kinda like a loop email system!!! Aargh. I'm not in a position to phone in the order - does anyone know what's going on...it's a little like dealing with a cowboy outfit!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

MY pal lives in the back end of nowhere down in a field in West cork ( apparently the "west" is vital!) and always sings about Nespressos service being so fantastic. Have they changed their courier service recently to cut costs & employ the poor cowboys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

puffbubble wrote: »
    Hi! Has anyone been having difficulties with Nespresso and the online ordering facility? I've been emailing them back and forwards for about a week now trying to order capsules online, but after about 4/5 emails I have now received the original reply to the first email - kinda like a loop email system!!! Aargh. I'm not in a position to phone in the order - does anyone know what's going on...it's a little like dealing with a cowboy outfit!:mad:

Don't forget the UK was closed last Monday and Tuesday for a double bank holday due to queen jubilee.

But how about trying these guys http://justapod.com/ based in Dublin and the coffee is as good as or better than nespresso. (my humble opinion only though! :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 42 puffbubble

Oooh...thanks a mill for that...using as leverage against Nespresso to speed up their response, but will use this company anyway to spread the love...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭aah yes

Watch out when ordering Nespresso capsules.

Twice in a row now I paid for recycle bags x 2, and a 400 Nespresso capsule order, and each time - both times in the last 12 months I pre-arranged recycle bag collection when the Fastway driver drops in the new capsules, and again this morning the Fastway chap says Nespresso still have not arranged for the collection code to collect the bags of old capsules - I paid for up front ! €8.95 a go x 2 now in the last 12 months.

Last time I called them after saying they had slipped up on the collection, but they said it was too late to send them back, it should have been the one time only chance with the Fastway driver capsule drop in, so they can't make another special journey, so I had to just dump them in the bin, and lose out on my €8.95 I duly paid Nespresso for recycling collection.

So it happened again this morning, Fastway driver said nothing arranged, cannot take the bags, and again I lose out on another €8.95 I paid in advance to have them collected.

There should be a law against this ongoing <SNIP>. You pay up front, it gets invoiced, that is the prearrangement for collection, then they don't collect.

I tried to call Nespresso all morning and afternoon on their various numbers, but their lines are giving a continually engaged tone constantly for the last three hours on all the numbers ...

ROI 1800 812 660 (no answer constantly over several hours)

Outside UK number 0088 722 555 90 (no answer constantly over several hours)

Nespresso is starting to look like a <SNIP> operation to me, of top dollar pricing, and bottom dollar service with the ongoing recycling <SNIP> and not able to call them back. No staff to answer calls, shoestring operation, low class, no quality.

All the sayings "all fur coat and no knickers", "flash as a rat with a gold tooth", "mutton dressed as lamb". Might as well order the cheap lookalike capsules elsewhere, probably get better service and not get ripped off with their recycling <SNIP>.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

nespresso will send out and pick up the recycling bags for free.

aah yes wrote: »
    Watch out when ordering Nespresso capsules.

Twice in a row now I paid for recycle bags x 2, and a 400 Nespresso capsule order, and each time - both times in the last 12 months I pre-arranged recycle bag collection when the Fastway driver drops in the new capsules, and again this morning the Fastway chap says Nespresso still have not arranged for the collection code to collect the bags of old capsules - I paid for up front ! €8.95 a go x 2 now in the last 12 months.

Last time I called them after saying they had slipped up on the collection, but they said it was too late to send them back, it should have been the one time only chance with the Fastway driver capsule drop in, so they can't make another special journey, so I had to just dump them in the bin, and lose out on my €8.95 I duly paid Nespresso for recycling collection.

So it happened again this morning, Fastway driver said nothing arranged, cannot take the bags, and again I lose out on another €8.95 I paid in advance to have them collected.

There should be a law against this ongoing <SNIP>. You pay up front, it gets invoiced, that is the prearrangement for collection, then they don't collect.

I tried to call Nespresso all morning and afternoon on their various numbers, but their lines are giving a continually engaged tone constantly for the last three hours on all the numbers ...

ROI 1800 812 660 (no answer constantly over several hours)

Outside UK number 0088 722 555 90 (no answer constantly over several hours)

Nespresso is starting to look like a <SNIP> operation to me, of top dollar pricing, and bottom dollar service with the ongoing recycling <SNIP> and not able to call them back. No staff to answer calls, shoestring operation, low class, no quality.

All the sayings "all fur coat and no knickers", "flash as a rat with a gold tooth", "mutton dressed as lamb". Might as well order the cheap lookalike capsules elsewhere, probably get better service and not get ripped off with their recycling <SNIP>.

I think you need to read the website before making totally wrong allegations.

Recycling bags are FREE
    Collection of recycling bags is FREE

That's FACT - its written on your order, its written on the website. It cannot be clearer.

If you order less than 200 capsules, there is a delivery charge of 8.95 - that's DELIVERY charge to DELIVER your capsules.

If you order over 200 capsules delivery is FREE

So order 200 capsules, 2 recycling bags and a recycling collection and you only pay for the capsules.

No delivery charge, no recycling bag charge, no recycling collections charge.

Very clearly defined on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭aah yes

wrong - I was charged €8.95 for bags on the invoice both times

and both times no collection

(both times I ordered 400 capsules)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Then you need to speak to Nespresso and tell them what's going on so that they have a chance to sort it out.

aah yes wrote: »
    wrong - I was charged €8.95 for bags on the invoice both times

and both times no collection

(both times I ordered 400 capsules)

then there has been and error somewhere - I have been using nespresso since 2009 and never had a delivery charge and never had a recycling charge from the time they introduced it almost 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

I made my first Nespresso order for 200 capsules online with Nespresso directly on 14 January. The address I put down is in Dublin. It still has not arrived. Today I rang Nespresso directly for the second time and they said they will check with the courier Fastway.

The Nespresso man said there could be an issue because I gave my address in Irish. I informed him that I have given my address in Irish all my life and there has never once been a problem and, furthermore, if they had difficulty they had my number to contact me (Fact: if they put the Irish address into Google or GPS they would be brought to my address). They did not ring me either so the Irish address excuse is nonsense on two counts. Still, €77 down and no coffee 8 days later.

I never had this trouble in the last place I bought coffee capsules for this machine (via one of the deals on mydealpage.ie) This Nespresso coffee better be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

gaiscioch wrote: »
    I made my first Nespresso order for 200 capsules online with Nespresso directly on 14 January. The address I put down is in Dublin. It still has not arrived. Today I rang Nespresso directly for the second time and they said they will check with the courier Fastway.

The Nespresso man said there could be an issue because I gave my address in Irish. I informed him that I have given my address in Irish all my life and there has never once been a problem and, furthermore, if they had difficulty they had my number to contact me (Fact: if they put the Irish address into Google or GPS they would be brought to my address). They did not ring me either so the Irish address excuse is nonsense on two counts. Still, €77 down and no coffee 8 days later.

I never had this trouble in the last place I bought coffee capsules for this machine (via one of the deals on mydealpage.ie) This Nespresso coffee better be worth it.

Have you considered that the person delivering it may not be an irish national or not able to understand an address written in irish? I'm a qualified, well educated person but I would not be able to write my address in irish nor would I be confident or recognising my address if I read it written in irish. Next time you want something delivered, try writing it in English, you will have a better chance of having it delivered.

davo10 wrote: »
    Have you considered that the person delivering it may not be an irish national or not able to understand an address written in irish?

This is your prejudices speaking. As I have said, if the delivery driver puts the address in Irish into his English language gps he will find it. Despite claiming to be "a qualified, well educated person" it seems strange that you didn't understand this part of my post, written in clear English.
    Next time you want something delivered, try writing it in English

Cultural fascism, combined with ignorance, at its finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

gaiscioch wrote: »
    This is your prejudices speaking. As I have said, if the delivery driver puts the address in Irish into his English language gps he will find it. Despite claiming to be "a qualified, well educated person" it seems strange that you didn't understand this part of my post, written in clear English.

Cultural fascism, combined with ignorance, at its finest.

Ok, or I could just be offering some practical advice. For a non irish speaker, your address may just as well be written in Swahili.

Get off your high horse, not everyone speaks/understands irish and only the self righteous assume everyone should.

Ok, or I could just be offering some practical advice. For a non irish speaker, your address may just as well be written in Swahili.

Get off your high horse, not everyone speaks/understands irish and only the self righteous assume everyone should.

It wasn't "practical advice" no matter how many times you say it. Your ignorance of [quite basic] gps/google search technology negates your self-described "practical advice". Now, clearly you have nothing to say regarding the actual service of this company, its inability to either phone customers or fulfil a remedial order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

@gaiscioch: please don't attack other posters. Just because someone proposes an option which you disagree with does not mean they are prejudiced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

if the standard known postal address is in Irish, then use Irish. If the standard known address is in english, then use english.

The fact that you want to use an irish address that may not be on a gps system or on a sat nav, just because of some patriotism view, isn't really the fault of nespresso.

Rather than being political, maybe ensure you uese the "known" address for delivery from private companies. If you wish for the address to be in Irish, then there are ways of getting the address officially changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have to agree. I would not be able to read an address in Dublin in Irish nor would know that you could put it into an English GPS.

In fact, I have just got someone to translate my address into Irish and my SatNav does not recognise it.
    I am think you are expecting too much of any courier to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I have to agree with previous posters. I am from a Gaeltacht, and would address letters to home in Irish. I would also do same to official (i.e. government addresses), which I would expect to be bilingual. I would not use an Irish address otherwise.

I know we are supposed to be a bilingual country, but there is a difference between idealism and practicality.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

While I agree with most of what's been said in regards to future orders, going with the issue at hand - now why didn't the courier/company just call?
    Rolling with the presumption that driver can't understand the address, surely they could read a phone number (when ordering with nespresso your number is printed on the parcel).

• Advertisement
Advertisement