Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SVDs - which one to get?

Options
  • 23-05-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

*edit* I meant SVD's in the title as opposed to the SVDs with folding stock. Sorry. *edit*

Hey everybody,

I'm after getting some tax back, so I'm in the market for an SVD but don't know which one to get. A Real Sword isn't an option, so my options are the A&K spring, the A&K AEG, the Cyma AEG or the S&T AEG.

Can anyone give me any opinions on these rifles,first hand ideally, as I can't seem to find any decent reviews of the AEG variants anywhere.

I'm not really a skirmisher, but accuracy and realism are my no.1 priority, so I figure the A&K springer is probably the most accurate, but the least realistic having to manually cock each shot.

I was under the impression that the S&T was a clone of the Real Sword, but on emailing eHobby they said the Cyma is the clone, and the S&T is a pain in the hole to get a POSP scope to fit.

So, again if anyone has any actual experience with any of the above, that would be awesome, as I don't want to buy the springer and be pissed off that I didn't buy the AEG.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭drifterex

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

the king arms aeg version looks well and worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

This sounds like a question for Puding.

You might like to drop him a PM, he's a bit busy these days and I don't know whether he's keeping up with the threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Why is the RS not an option? Is it the cost factor? You mention accuracy and realism...and they're firmly in real swords ball park, so if it's a case of cost then I'd just hold off til you can afford it, as you will definitely be happy with that!

Another thing to bear in mind is the GBB SVD coming out by WE, using Real Sword furniture, which looks promising enough.

The spring one is great if it's going to be a wall hanger, cause the A&K one is typically around the €150 mark. There are some higher quality spring ones available, as well as the AEG versions. Personally speaking I didn't get the springer because I had the nagging little voice in my head saying "Psst...it's supposed to be semi-auto" which I just couldn't get past.

It's all about finding the one that matches your brief, and applying your budget directly. But yes, I second OzCam - Puding is definitely the one to ask; he is a plethora of knowledge, especially this stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Just a Plinker

The A&K is compatable with aeg springs barrells etc which is handy and cheap to pick up upgrade parts for, It also has a 6.03 barrel, Some of, if not all of the latches ( the one to remove the upper receiver:mad:) are cheap pot metal and break easy but If you are carefull and aware of the week parts it is a great springer ( I have one) a real sword will set you back big bucks It depends on how much tax you got back lol

drifterex wrote: »
    *edit* I meant SVD's in the title as opposed to the SVDs with folding stock. Sorry. *edit*

Hey everybody,

I'm after getting some tax back, so I'm in the market for an SVD but don't know which one to get. A Real Sword isn't an option, so my options are the A&K spring, the A&K AEG, the Cyma AEG or the S&T AEG.

Can anyone give me any opinions on these rifles,first hand ideally, as I can't seem to find any decent reviews of the AEG variants anywhere.

I'm not really a skirmisher, but accuracy and realism are my no.1 priority, so I figure the A&K springer is probably the most accurate, but the least realistic having to manually cock each shot.

I was under the impression that the S&T was a clone of the Real Sword, but on emailing eHobby they said the Cyma is the clone, and the S&T is a pain in the hole to get a POSP scope to fit.

So, again if anyone has any actual experience with any of the above, that would be awesome, as I don't want to buy the springer and be pissed off that I didn't buy the AEG.

Cheers,
    Mark.

• Advertisement
Advertisement