Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung American Fridge - Water Filter Replacement Necessary?

Options
  • 23-05-2012 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just bought a new house which has a Samsung American Fridge Freezer (RS21DCNS1 / XEU) which is plumbed into the mains water supply.

The filter replacement light is flashing on the display of the fridge. My question is

Do I need to replace the filter as our water in the house is fit to drink from the tap (private well) or is there another reason for the filter on the machine?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

It might just be blocked with a bit of gunge. If you can get to it just take it out and check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Usually if it is just the light it on is based on a timer. The manual will probably tell you how to reset the service interval.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

As you've just moved into the house, and God knows how long the filter has been installed, I'd suggest you just install a new one.

Advertisement