Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CO2 pistol

Options
  • 22-05-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

Im looking around at various pistols and all the stuff on CO2 vs gas etc. There seems to be a lot more of a selection for green gas pistols on any site that Ive looked at.

One pistol I like the look of is the ASG CZ75 compact which is a CO2 pistol. I ve tried to find reviews on it but to no avail.

Im also finding it difficult to track down CO2 versions of the pistols I like the look of.

Sig Sauer P226
    Glocks
    Luger

There is a CO2 sig sauer p226 on airsoftguns buts its mostly abs.

Any sites in Ireland that have CO2 varients of the above pistols. Also would people recommend KWA, KJ and ASG pistols. I cant justify TM money for a pistol especially for a first pistol.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Despite my very very low opinion of Propane I bought a WE Luger for Midway (It's a fusion of airsoft & LRP for which the Luger seemed a good fit). The Luger magazine is simply too small to accommodate a CO cartridge which is a big shame as the tiny gas reservoir exaggerates the performance issues with Propane. The sudden onset of summertime may solve this problem but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭King John The Last

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

They look a bit rough alright.

Would the KWA Glocks be able to take the extra CO2 power though. Any of the glocks ive seen are gas powered and Id be worried that they wouldnt be strong enough for CO2 even though CO2 mags are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

Faolchu wrote: »

I think I watched the first video the other day. The pistol comes with metal pellets so I dont know if it would be able to take plastic BBs.

Im not really interested in shell ejecting ones because of the hassle with the shells going everywhere and the cost involved. Be a bit of craic at home but not outdoors in a forest or in a dark CQB area.

I hadnt seen the 3rd video before. Would it be safe to assume the compact version is the same internals and function besides being slightly smaller. I really like the look of the compact one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭King John The Last

FizzyCola wrote: »
    They look a bit rough alright.

Would the KWA Glocks be able to take the extra CO2 power though. Any of the glocks ive seen are gas powered and Id be worried that they wouldnt be strong enough for CO2 even though CO2 mags are available.

They are supposed to be grand in KWA/KSC glocks, but I wouldn't try them in anything else. (not personal experience)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

The Co2 magazines are indeed only for KWA/KSC - but that's because of the mag system.

TM have patents in Japan, and KSC are a Japanese company, and as such they cannot clone TM's products (and vice versa), so they're not cross compatible in magazine department etc. Outside of Japan, TM don't use international patents (for some unknown reason), companies are free to clone/reproduce TM's designs, and so release gear based off of their designs. As a result many guns are TM compatible (parts & magazines), which leads to some confusion...but KSC/KWA and TM (and by proxy any of TM's clones) are incompatible. As a result the mags designed for KSC/KWA cannot be used in any other system.

...at least as far as I know.

Now, regarding the first video review Faolchu posted - that is the 4.5mm BB (metal pellet) 2 joule replica. There is a 6mm 1 joule version available. Personally speaking I dislike the design style of this gun - I've never been fond of gas-in-gun designs. In GBB's, one of the problems is that of magazines leaking - it is an annoyance anyone who has dabbled in GBB's is aware of. But, even if your mag is irreparable, you can buy a new mag. With this design, you risk losing the entire gun.

There is a Co2 P226 currently in development by KJW, but there are no Co2 Lugers, and only aftermarket Co2 magazines for Glocks (which even then it is questionable how long they would last...not to mention that I had a lad in-store who'd bought a couple, and they pushed his pistol over the limit).

If you're after a Co2 powered replica, then I'd personally be going for a 1911 style, as they offer some seriously awesome recoil!

Advertisement