Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 inch skirting with 4 inch architrave??

Options
  • 22-05-2012 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭

Would it be acceptable to put 5 inch skirting boards on with 4 inch architrave.

Or is it recommended to have a 2 inch difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

If you prefer it, do it.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

woodoo wrote: »
    Would it be acceptable to put 5 inch skirting boards on with 4 inch architrave.

Or is it recommended to have a 2 inch difference.

;) Just make sure they are both the same thickness so they end up flush with each other. I've seen the skirting board thinner than the architrave which isn't too bad but never the opposite where the end grain of the skirting board is seen and looks awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

recipio wrote: »
    ;) Just make sure they are both the same thickness so they end up flush with each other. I've seen the skirting board thinner than the architrave which isn't too bad but never the opposite where the end grain of the skirting board is seen and looks awful.

You can get around that issue with a plinth block, it adds another bit of detail if you think the mouldings can carry it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I will be buying them from the same place. I think it would look fine. I would just hate to put them all in and think that looks odd.

Advertisement