Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert English

Options
  • 22-05-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hey guys taking Shakespeare's sonnets as one of my poets, seeing as his themes are so vague/diverse and has so many techniques used, our teacher has given us some questions on the sonnets based on certain thematic elements and how his language adds to these. Can anyone hit me up with some questions they have gotten on shakespeare from teachers or some other source besides exam papers, particularly those questions that have a specific criteria to them? Chherrs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

Is shakespeare on the course as a poet? What part does he come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Zaffy wrote: »
    Is shakespeare on the course as a poet? What part does he come up?

Don't know if you're in fifth or sixth year, but yeah Shakespeare is up as a poet for fifth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Kirby2k07 wrote: »
    Hey guys taking Shakespeare's sonnets as one of my poets, seeing as his themes are so vague/diverse and has so many techniques used, our teacher has given us some questions on the sonnets based on certain thematic elements and how his language adds to these. Can anyone hit me up with some questions they have gotten on shakespeare from teachers or some other source besides exam papers, particularly those questions that have a specific criteria to them? Chherrs
    Wish I got Shakespeare as a poet but unfortunately my school decided against it and to study Wordsworth and Macbethis my favourite part of the course, the man was a genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

My teacher has told us the sonnets are quite easy due to similar themes across most of them. Such as Death, love and the immortalisation (that a word? :p) of the man whom the sonnet is wrote for.

She usually just asked us to compare and analyse the sonnets for HW Qs.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Disturbia wrote: »
    Snip encouragement of fraud
    Are you joking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 pandaface

hi can anyone explain to me Alec's reaction to being told Mr. Moore is not his father in how many miles to babylon.
    i have missed alot of school and as a result have to study this alone, please help :(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

^^^

I don't have time to give a detailed answer but basically he's devastated- "Disowned in a sentence"

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Wish I got Shakespeare as a poet but unfortunately my school decided against it and to study Wordsworth and Macbethis my favourite part of the course, the man was a genius

Study it on your own?

Advertisement