Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job seekers on defferal

Options
  • 22-05-2012 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me here.
    I'm a college student who due to medical reason which occurred at the beginning of this year and also due to the fact that I will simply not be able to pay next years fees (very expensive), I deferred my course for 2 years.
    I have a part time job at the weekend but do not earn that much money as I don't have that many hours. What I was wondering is can you claim job seekers allowance if you have deffered a college course, or can you only claim if you have finished or dropped out completely?
    I know a lot of people will say I already have a job and there is no need to claim social welfare but my friend works more hours than I do a week and she gets 60euro a week as well her wages.

Any help or advice is much appreciated, Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

afaik, You can claim if you have a college place for next year.

You need to have had a drop in wages to claim for the days you dont work.

You will need alot of proof that you are deregistered from college.

Your claim could be means tested if you dont have prsi contributions.

Advertisement