Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

x-rayers and cheats ruining multiplayer?

Options
  • 22-05-2012 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

been on a lot of servers now and every single one has x-rayers and cheaters that can find your base in no time. all these servers have strict rules against this kind of thing but it seems impossible to regulate. it's completely ruined multiplayer for me, spending a few days building a nice base and resources only to have some twat dig straight to my base and clear out my chests.

was on another server for a while that had faction protection, still didn't stop some hacker clearing me out.

zero fun.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Are you on the boards server at all? We have plenty of griefer and hacker protections. Lockette stops people opening your chests and if people break into your base we ban them and reverse any damage that they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

cool i'll check it out.

one question though, often i have no idea who griefed my base as i am offline, how can you catch them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

froog wrote: »
    cool i'll check it out.

one question though, often i have no idea who griefed my base as i am offline, how can you catch them?

We have a plugin called logblock that documents every single block thats placed or removed. As long as we can find a single block that the griefer broke we can lookup to see who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

OP are you on the boards server or using a different one.

The Boards one is perfectly safe (Because the mods are so badass :P)

Though that xRay texture pack would ruin any server. Strip the place of diamonds in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Whatever server you play on suggest to the administrator to install NoCheatPlus, GreifPrevention and HawkEye

The first two plugins should solve your problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

actually none of those plugins will stop people from using xray. you need orebfuscator in order to do that. this will do away with around 90% of xrayers. note that cave view does still work with both xray mod and transparrent texture pack. there is an option to stop that in orebfuscator but its heavy on the cpu.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sssssiiiiimon

We were using the orebfuscator mod but it kept showing blocks when people were simply mining. The best way to catch them is to have some very vigilant moderators. We use the vanish mod which allows a moderator to vanish and follow potential hackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

yea orebfuscator needs a pretty nice cpu to run efficently plus the default config is no good, you must adjust it. of course theres no substitute for having people online as you say but thats not always possible. you can have worldguard log diamond ore breakage and also display it to mods and admins ingame...a heads up kinda thing. of course it only logs diamonds but...what are xrayers going after if not diamond?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

I stuck orbfuscator on my server now :) No drop in performance from what I can see

Advertisement