Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proving Computer Failure

Options
  • 22-05-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have been using my computer to do my college projects.
    The computer failed during the weekend to the point that it required a reinstall.

This has set me back days of work as part of the failure meant that saving project files didnt actually save as the files were being corrupted.

My university wont give me an extension on certain projects affected without written confirmation of the exceptional circumstances.

Is there any way I can find information such as when Windows 7 was installed, first logged into, used, first progams installed etc?

This is the only way I can think of getting proof that my computer had something happen which required a reinstall only days before deadlines.

Thanks for reading,
    bbk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

To find when Windows 7 was installed start a Command Prompt in Administrator mode (click on Start and type "cmd". Right-click on the first result and click on "Run as administrator").

In the Command Prompt enter systeminfo | find /i "install date". It might take a while to process but it'll come back with the original install date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

Many thanks, I hope this can help me out.

:)

Advertisement