Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 VW Golf Key Fob Not Working.

Options
  • 22-05-2012 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi guys,

need some advice here.
    i've recently bought a mk5 golf and it only came with one key. The key fob won't lock or unlock the doors unless i have it in the door. i've replaced the battery and the light comes on the fob when you go to lock/unlock the car.

Also the central locking in the car also seems to work fine when i lock/unlock the car using the key in the door.

Like i said i've replaced the battery and everyone keeps telling me that "the car has forgotten the key fob" but yet nobody seems to be able to provide me with a solution to the problem.

If you have any info at all i would really appreciate it.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

It is easy to re-adapt the remote to the car when you have the right equipment. Where are you located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 davyb

Hi George,

I'm living in Mullingar but do alot of travelling around the midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

If you find yourself in the Portlaoise area then feel free to contact me and we will adapt the remote for you FOC.

Advertisement