Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Polo Coolant light

Options
  • 22-05-2012 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Driving along today and water temp light starts beeping and flashing on a 05 VW polo 1.2. The temp gauge didn't go up at all, stayed at 90. I pulled in and coolant was leaking from right side of engine. Hoping it's a water pump or a hose and not a head gasket. Had to abandon it so haven't had a good look at it cold. Any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Not until you find out where it's coming from.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Do you mean right side as you look into the engine bay or right side of the car as in driver's side?

Either way, top up the coolant - the flashing light is probably indicating low coolant level rather than overheating since your gauge didn't rise. Clean the leaked coolant from the engine. Start the engine then watch carefully to see where it's coming from. Take pics if you can and post them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

If its on the rhs as you look into the engine bay then, on a Polo, its likely to be a thermostat housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭johndoe11

yeah its the right hand side as I look into the engine bay. I'll top it up this evening and see what happens. Cheers. I'll take a few pics.

Advertisement