Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certificate in PR?

Options
  • 22-05-2012 10:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16

Has anybody completed the online Certificate in PR from The Irish Academy?

It all looks really good but I'm just wondering is it worth it? Is it accepted or scoffed at in the industry?

I already have a Bachelor in Business and French with a marketing major and just looking for help to get me to the places I want to go and hoping this is a step in the right direction.

Has anyone done this course and would they recommend it?
    Or are there any professionals that could shed some light on the industry? Will this certificate stand to me?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gaguschnouz

Hi Snowflake, have you done the cert? I am just looking at it now but not sure if I will gain something out of it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I looked into doing an Irish Academy online course before but the price seemed too high... higher than a real-classroom course in the local VEC.

That would give me a FETAC Cert in xyz, but the Irish Academy cert isin't accredited by any Governmental agency, it doesn't have a "level" on the national framework of qualifications, also I applied for info before and their compliments slip had the address crossed out and a PO Box written on it.

These are just a few nuggets of information, it could be a great course regardless

Advertisement