Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player on MacBook Pro

Options
  • 22-05-2012 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I'm having problems viewing RTE Player on my MacBook Pro.
    I have intermittent issues with viewing programms or even accessing the site.
    Commonly when I type the URL into my address bar the site won't load past the rte symbol in a yellow circle.

On the occasions I do get past that stage, I'm usually met with a "feed error" appearing in the windows where the programming content should appear.

Similarly on the general RTE site, streaming content can be an issue with 'feed error' also appearing. The player site works fine on other laptops (Windows machines) in the house. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I thought it might have been an issue with flash, so I uninstalled and reinstalled but not joy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Works fine in Safari, Chrome and FF on SL for me.

Try another browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 univer

I am having a problem too and it only started yesterday. The player will load and when I select a program I get an ad, when the ad finishes, nothing. I am using this in USA and the site works on my IPAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭vigos

I'm watching it now without any problem is your flash plugin up to date?

Yes all up to date, strangely I'm getting an ad for a U.S. tv program then zilch?? This has always worked up until yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

There is an issue with the latest Flash update and some, older, Macs.

It works fine on my 2010 iMac but not at all on my 2007 machine since the update.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

univer wrote: »
    I am having a problem too and it only started yesterday. The player will load and when I select a program I get an ad, when the ad finishes, nothing. I am using this in USA and the site works on my IPAD.

RTE Player is IP region locked so that would be expected behaviour! Likewise you cannot get the BBC Player in Ireland. No idea why its working on the ipad but would explain the desktop issues!

Nick

Not exactly correct Nick, the RTE Player has always been available internationally with limited programme selection, i.e. RTE News, Late Late Show etc., as was TV3 Player but lately TV3 introduced a charge for their service. I have using RTE abroad for years and only had this problem since last week.

Advertisement