Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed sign on/ uncollected monies!

Options
  • 22-05-2012 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I got my Social Welfare card robbed me approx. 4 weeks ago, and due to technicalities (my ID was robeed along with it) I wasn't able to sign on or collect my money for the past few weeks! I only got my new Dole card today and I'm still awaiting my ID, does anyone know how/if I can collect the back payment and what's the story with the signing on? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

After you told them you lost your "dole card" you should have gotten a big yellow card from them with your next sign on date on it and on that date go to the social welfare office and they keep giving you a new one until your permanent "dole card" is ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fatheadlip

They wouldn;t give me one because my ID got robbed as well :/ THere was a big fuss and all I only got the white real card today :/

Do you not have more than one form of ID? Passport, drivers licence, garda id, birth cert, ML10 form from the gardai (I know they're an acceptable form of identification for banks so I assume they're acceptable to social welfare).

Don't have [assport, don't drive, wouldnt accept birth cert, I got the ML10 but they wont let me withdraw the money with it apparently! Im more worried about missing the sign on date tbh! Is that a major concern do you know?

To be honest if you've missed signing on for 4 weeks you might be gone off the register but surely if you've been in contact with the social welfare office they are aware of the issue of your dole card and id being robbed then there should be no problem.

If you were able to provide them with an ML10 form, even if you couldn't use it for withdrawing your benefit, then that was proof of id for them to know that you are actually who you claim to be and they will have it on their system that you are simply waiting to get a new form of ID issued. What was the form of id that was stolen?

It's mad that they won't accept an ML10 form when banks accept this as proof of id for the purposes of loans etc.

• Advertisement

I only missed one sign on date... And they would accept the ML10 to send me out the new card, but because its not photo ID it cant be used to get my weekly cash! I had a GARDA age card and thats grand it should be here tomorrow or Wednesday!

Well then I don't think you don't have anything to worry about it. If you have been in contact with your social welfare office and they are aware of your situation then I don't see the problem with getting your money.

I didn't realise it takes so long to get the garda age card, according to their website it only takes 10 working days.

Thanks :) Been worrying when I realized that I had missed the sign on day! will inform you of the outcome tomorrow if you so wish :D thanks though :)

No bother.

Advertisement