Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the belgian airsoft scene like?

Options
  • 21-05-2012 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be living in holland for a few months so seeing as there isn't airsoft there but there is in Belgium, what's the airsoft scene like there?

I'm thinking of going down there once or twice during my time in Holland for the weekend.

Seeing as I can't bring my gear as almost aegs are illegal in holland to my knowledge, I would need to know if sites allow rentals.

Also are sites run like Irish commercial sites where members of the public can turn up, pay and play? Or is it run more on a club basis where I have to join a club in order to attend a game.

I'm going to be in Eindhoven so I wouldn't be too far from the Belgian border so if anyone knows any places in the north/northeast that would be great.

I'd like to hear peoples' firsthand experiences if possible. Thanks to people in advance for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I know that there has been a near constant Belgian presence at pretty much every TA-Events game I've been to over the years, and the last event (or the one before, can't recall now) I believe had a sizeable contingent of no less than three seperate teams/groups booked in. Beyond that though, I can't give you any better insight into the Belgian airsoft scene.

Also, Eindhoven; beautiful city & a great night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

When I was in Austria there was regular talk about Belgian events. I had seen a few links on this site: http://www.airsoft-games.com/forum/index.php

And I mentioned one game a couple of years ago here.. The details have been yanked now, but IIRC they offered full rental packages including guns, mags and tactical gear. I am thinking that is to appeal to the Dutch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Lemming wrote: »
    I know that there has been a near constant Belgian presence at pretty much every TA-Events game I've been to over the years, and the last event (or the one before, can't recall now) I believe had a sizeable contingent of no less than three seperate teams/groups booked in. Beyond that though, I can't give you any better insight into the Belgian airsoft scene.

Also, Eindhoven; beautiful city & a great night out!

I think that there's a good following alright there. As for the nights out, I've a full time job to be keeping so I'll have to be careful that I don't end up in work with a porter head haha :p Drinking is for weekends.

sliabh wrote: »
    When I was in Austria there was regular talk about Belgian events. I had seen a few links on this site: http://www.airsoft-games.com/forum/index.php

And I mentioned one game a couple of years ago here.. The details have been yanked now, but IIRC they offered full rental packages including guns, mags and tactical gear. I am thinking that is to appeal to the Dutch.

Looks cool. If the rental packages were reasonable I'd go for them. Hate having more than enough gear here in Ireland and it being no used to me if I want to play over there.

I think that I saw somewhere that aegs are limited to about 350 fps with 0.2g BBs so they're not very different from us in that respect.

That event you linked to looks a little like how some people in cork wanted to run an event in the summer homes in trabolgan during the winter. But that event was too expensive to attract the numbers.

Advertisement