Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many hours should I be studying... Getting really stressed!!

Options
  • 21-05-2012 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

How many hours should I be studying... Getting really stressed!!
    Okay so I really need 500 points on my leaving cert. I feel like Ive been completely slacking lately and need to get in the zone for the next 16 days.

My mocks went okay, 420 but I know 80 points is a big gap

I got a B1 in English, B2 in Art, B3 in Business, C2 in Spanish, C3 in Geography and D1 in Irish..

What should I focus on improving my Bs to As or getting the Cs to Bs..

Irish is hopeless though :/

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I'd focus on improving geography, that shouldnt be too hard. Just do out sample answers of what comes up most often (which is very little) and get your teacher to correct them if you havent graduated yet. :)
    I think with business its just about focusing on specifics - I got a B3 in my mock and answered an extra question. My teacher advised me not to so to get a B2 I'm focusing on units 1, 4, 5 and 6 because Unit 1 is easy and the other 3 cover the ABQ too. I think that'd be a good idea if you havent done it yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Don't worry about the last week or so, I don't know a single person whose kept up the routine properly because of graduation stuff etc. My feeling is do it like a school day, start early and finish like 3/4. Lots and lots of exam papers. The other thing I've been doing is reading chapters really carefully and noting down little things I didn't know, you'd be amazed the stuff you'd find.

The other thing is if you still have your mock, go through it with a fine tooth comb and figure out where you went wrong. For me in physics for example, I'd know the answer but think certain aspects were too obvious to bother writing, turns out they're not. Also, MARKING SCHEMES! They are your friend.

Good Luck!:)

Advertisement