Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer/Frontman wanted for Dublin based punk band

Options
  • 21-05-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

As the title says, looking for a singer/frontman for a punk-rock band (Late eighties/early nineties American punk)

Ideally looking for a dedicated vocalist (no instrument) with high energy levels, who can engage with the crowd and cause a bit of mayham on the stage. You don't have to be Marvin Gaye, but an ability to sing in key, loudly and with ease is a must.

Band Name: None as of yet
    Band Genre: Punk Rock (Late eighties/early nineties American punk)
    Band Location: Dublin City
    Position Available: Frontman/Singer

Desired Age Range: 18-28
    Influences are:

The Ramones
    The Riverdales
    Screeching Weasel
    The Lillingtons
    The Queers
    The Huntingtons
    Social Distortion
    The Descendents
    The Misfits
    NOFX
    Stiff Little Fingers
    The Undertones

We are doing the following covers at the moment.

California Sun - The Ramones
    Don't Let Them Beat My Baby - The Riverdales
    Bikage - The Descendents
    Black Hole In My Mind - The Lillingtons
    Skulls - The Misfists
    Half ****-faced - The Queers

We're not going to be a cover band, these are just songs to get the ball rolling. We will be doing originals mostly, with the occasional cover, so if you have some lyrics, bring them along and we can work with them.

We are laid back lads, as in, we won't kick you out of the band for having a hang-over. We want this to be, fun but at the same time, fairly productive. We currently jam once a week in City Centre, and we'll be looking to gig in the near future, plus we have access to free recording facilities (proper facilities, not someones bedroom) should we need them, so a bit of recording is on the cards (if it doesn't sound too terrible).

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in doing, send me a pm.

Cheers
    Al

Comments

Advertisement