Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You tube nostalgia Mk II - films and stuff

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

0lddog wrote: »
    Fun knostalgie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xOR62pKJcg&feature=related

Hard core nostalgia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N92bAg9PkQ&feature=relmfu

Mod: I have moved this to a new thread to leave the other one for music.

Oh my gosh. Avanti! One of my all time favourites films, I have seen it at least six times and still love it, and I think I have it recorded too. One of the comments on Youtube mistook Jack Lemmon for William Holden, and the love interest the pretty Juliet Mills. Loved the story, the scenery and of course, the music.

Hong Kong - what a treasure of a film. I must get back to see the rest. What pretty, skinny boys they were, (you, Olddog?), I had a flashback to those other lovely chaps, Brideshead Revisited. There they were, being all languid! The boys in Hong Kong reminded me of old photos of my dad. Thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Hey J.B.

Where are you ?

15th July & I'm here. Where are you ?

Mr Carlucci is here still ( just a year older ) & says - in many words - nothing! ( as to your whereabouts )

Dont tell me you used Mr O'Learys airline.....( I could have sent the plane )
    Come quick...................PLEASE !

P.S. managed to put off the investor meeting & a few presentations so am here to 15th August. Ha! :). Cant help thinking that The Da would approve

P.S. no skinny dipping this year ( well not much anyway )

Not sure I understand yr post above. I'm logging out for a while now, 'cos Wallander is on the telly now and I like its dismal-ness.

Just been out crusin' on my lambretta!

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »
    Hey J.B.

Where are you ?

15th July & I'm here. Where are you ?

Mr Carlucci is here still ( just a year older ) & says - in many words - nothing! ( as to your whereabouts )

Dont tell me you used Mr O'Learys airline.....( I could have sent the plane )
    Come quick...................PLEASE !

P.S. managed to put off the investor meeting & a few presentations so am here to 15th August. Ha! :). Cant help thinking that The Da would approve

P.S. no skinny dipping this year ( well not much anyway )

Ah good old Mr. Carlucci, good at keeping secrets but I think one day he'll have a nervous breakdown. Skinny Dipping? :eek:It's too ruddy cold for skinny dipping during an Irish summer!

So there I was with John McCormack on Youtube and what comes up on the side but a link to a video of a tridentine mass.

Well now, after that ( dont ask me to explain why but ) what else could I think about but Dave Allen

And I found lots....and lots....

a start : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbgqtvJOJus

Cant tell you what I did yesterday but I cant forget

'Radio London reminds you, go to the church of your choice' ( Radio London jingle sung by The Who )

'May your God go with you' ( How Dave finished each of his 'Dave Allen at Large' TV programs )

Advertisement