Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One off airsoft parts??

Options
  • 20-05-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi i am big into engineering and i am thinking of making one off silencers, r.i.s rail and the bits you just cant get anywhere. Would there be much interest out there for this sort of thing??

All my peace's will be made for high quality materials and made by hand so every peace will be unique.

Please as much feedback and ideas as possible would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

That would be pretty great IMHO. Have you got access to a lathe / CNC etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanskyline

Yea thats wat i was thinking, eh not yet but i might soon, any ideas for a project??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

i think that would highly sought after :) some very annoying pieces brake on airsoft guns that are hard to come by and some people want something unique that just doesn't exist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Think its a great idea really but, the cost of running machinery like that, parts costs, not to mention material costs and of course trial and error of machining small parts and big ones you would want to charge an arm and a leg just to cover your costs.

If your not in it for profit and just for the love of airsoft and money is not a problem for you then go for it dude, some of the now biggest airsoft companies started out doing small parts and look at them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭walther

Hi i am big into engineering and i am thinking of making one off silencers, r.i.s rail and the bits you just cant get anywhere. Would there be much interest out there for this sort of thing??

All my peace's will be made for high quality materials and made by hand so every peace will be unique.

Please as much feedback and ideas as possible would be great.

Great idea if you could fabricate some spare parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Things I'd be thinking of are silencer adaptors and barrel extensions and such. They're really easy to make if you have the tools, but most people don't have access to a lathe and taps for threading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

There are a few small operations like this around the world, such as LPE (Lee's Precision Engineering) etc.

It all depends on what you're making, and for how much. Cash is king, and now more than ever people are not willing to part with it

Advertisement