Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best mid range Ak 74

Options
  • 20-05-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at picking up an AK 74 soon ,need advice on the best mid range cost ak 74 . Pro and cons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

i have always been impressed with the kalash or cyma ak's, a lot of bang for your buck.
    good externals paired with solid internals give you a good looking and reliable aeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

New model cymas ...
    However there's not a huge step up between the price of the cyma model and the lct version these days, and the lct is a nice bit of kit (particularly the finishing of the steel and the quality of the wood used for the hand guard and stock).

The downside of the cyma models available here is the fact that they're 'cybergun'd' with horrible white trade marks "(incl a little pic of kalashnikov's head!) - but these come off easily enough.

Downside of the LCT version? It's 50 quid more expensive, but it's rock solid.
    A while ago there was lots of bluster going on about 'oh they use too much lubricant in the gearboxes so they gunk up' or 'oh I don't like their gears' or 'they use **** tapped plates/selector plates/etc/etc'.
    Simple fact is that I've four of these that get regular use and they've never once failed. I've hard more problems with G&P guns to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

New model cymas ...
    However there's not a huge step up between the price of the cyma model and the lct version these days, and the lct is a nice bit of kit (particularly the finishing of the steel and the quality of the wood used for the hand guard and stock).

The downside of the cyma models available here is the fact that they're 'cybergun'd' with horrible white trade marks "(incl a little pic of kalashnikov's head!) - but these come off easily enough.

Downside of the LCT version? It's 50 quid more expensive, but it's rock solid.
    A while ago there was lots of bluster going on about 'oh they use too much lubricant in the gearboxes so they gunk up' or 'oh I don't like their gears' or 'they use **** tapped plates/selector plates/etc/etc'.
    Simple fact is that I've four of these that get regular use and they've never once failed. I've hard more problems with G&P guns to be honest...

Agreed. CYMA or LCT; either or and you'll be more than happy with what you've got.

I like the CYMA AKS-74U...it's one of the only AK's I actually like (as in model, not airsoft specific) - but the LCT stuff is fantastic externally. I've never had hands on experience with their internals, but generally speaking a gearbox is a gearbox...especially where V3 is concerned - there isn't really much that can go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

im with you there inari, only Ak i would ever buy is the Cyma Ak-74U, used one before and loved it, it would be nice with a drum mag under it i think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I really like the look of the 74 U and the 74m for the slightly more modern look ,the wood furniture on the Lct AK looks impressive which could sway me away from the polymer M set up ,only thing that I don't like on the NV lcts is the chromed bolt

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    I really like the look of the 74 U and the 74m for the slightly more modern look ,the wood furniture on the Lct AK looks impressive which could sway me away from the polymer M set up ,only thing that I don't like on the NV lcts is the chromed bolt

On which model Graham? I have the AK105 (which is effectively a shortened version of the AK74M that LCT do) - the bolt is the same black finish as the rest of the aeg.

Like this:
    http://www.lctairsoft.com/pdc_aeg/aeg_ak74mn-nv_OBW.html

This newer version of the AK74M even has the full folding stock that was lacking on the earlier models (which all had skeleton stocks). I'm hankering after one of these to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Kev Somebody gave me the wrong info it seems the chromed bolt is on some new AK 47 s , I'm partial to the side folding stocks if there built properly nothing worse than a bad wobbly stock on any AK variant

Rock solid - believe it or not I found a slight wobble on the vfc version, but sorted it with a tiny washer. I have three LCT side folders and the stocks all lock in place with zero wobble - they may as well be fixed stocks!

Advertisement